Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

remote climate now its freezing outside

Thought I would pre-warm the Disco this morning via remote App.
    No not happening, apparently the cars 'gone to sleep' and to use the remote App, I have to drive the car to wake it up. Rather makes the remote feature useless!!!.
    Luckily I have FBH so could warm it up. But still annoyed that some features cannot be accessed if I don't drive the car for a while.
    Is there a way to wake it up remotely??

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

On the old app, you could set a wake-up timer e.g. if you were going to be away for a couple of weeks you could set the timer so the car would wake up the day before you returned and be ready to respond to the app.

This seems to have been missed off the new app.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 

I think that's still there via the cars screen but not tried the App, I may still have the old version if it doesn;t auto update

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I have both the old and new apps installed and running, maybe you could reinstall the old one?

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 

I think I have the old App, it does allow me to set remote climate and 'override' sleep mode, so will give it a go and see. Peculiarly this morning, remote didn't work, it messaged that was in area of poor reception, move and try again, yet the caption at the bottom of the screen confirmed that car had been contacted and screen did show whereabouts of the Disco, One for the stealer perhaps!!!

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

I have both apps, although actually only use the old one because the new one is missing the Intelligent Seat Fold option for my car. I do wish however it was possible to programme or switch on the FBH from the app, shame can only start the engine from it to heat the car.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Bit of a tangent, but was the FBH discontinued on later model years? I don’t recall seeing it as an option when ordering MY19.5 or MY20?

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Nope, just checked on configurator and Park Heat with Remote Control is still available at £1060 extra.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Lotusdmc
    United Kingdom 

Equilibrium wrote:
    Bit of a tangent, but was the FBH discontinued on later model years? I don’t recall seeing it as an option when ordering MY19.5 or MY20?

Ordered on on my si4 MY20, is it not standard on 3 sdv6 hse lux? I seem to recall when I tried to spec up an sdv6 hse lux?

MY20 HSE Lux Si4, Carpathian Grey, Light Oyster, Extended Leather, Dynamic Pack 1, Black Roof, Black Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, 22inch Wheels, Park Heat, 3rd Row Heated Seats
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

That’s interesting Lotusdmc, will have to see if I can work out if I have one.

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Sorry read posts out of order. Mordred is right, still an option.

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

My remote start and climate works about half the time. I work in a dead spot for cell coverage - full bars but little to no data. Almost everywhere else it works ok.

I've been having an issue where the vehicle thinks random doors or windows are open, when it's buttoned up tight, and it won't let me start the vehicle remotely.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

there is a difference between remote start and timed climate. The latter (which also has a remote) is a fuel burning heater and an option

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum