Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Tracker

Does anyone have feedback with regards too the basic tracker thats installed in the car via the infotainment system? Is it any good?

Has anyone forked out the extra £500 odd quid for the far more advanced tracking system??

If so how are you finding it??

Any false alerts or sensitivity issues??

Thanks Thumbs Up
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

I ordered the additional tracker system really in the hope of bringing insurance down. Car not arriving until Jan so cant give any feedback as yet.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thumbs Up
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

JLR are quick to respond if they believe it is moving illegally,

I forgot to put it in Transport mode on the way back from France and I had a call when the ferry was literally a few yards away from the quay.

They asked me some security questions and turned off the alert.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks jimbg,

I gather that was with the advanced tracker then ?? Wink
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I have a 3 litre HSE with InControl Secure
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Jimbg are you saying the my17 HSE has the incontrol tracker feature as standard? Just called direct line to change it from the D4 to the D5 and they want some sort of tracker certificate! Never needed one of these before and hoping I don’t need to fit something at extra expense.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

If you have Secure then you can download the Tracker certificate, not sure where it is though!!

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/inco...-faqs.html
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

I believe it’s standard on the HSE. I had a slight premium reduction from NFU once I’d supplied them the relevant info. Nothing dramatic or particularly worth it from a cost saving point of view.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Ed Snow wrote:
    Jimbg are you saying the my17 HSE has the incontrol tracker feature as standard? Just called direct line to change it from the D4 to the D5 and they want some sort of tracker certificate! Never needed one of these before and hoping I don’t need to fit something at extra expense.

Register for free on TOPIx (or do a VIN search on TOPIx) and you can see a list of all features and options fitted.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 

thanks Simonh. registered and got a long list. It seems it is not fitted, but called back to Direct Line and delt with someone else who said no need for a tracker....I paid all of £77 there an then before she changed her mind, which takes me through to August next year before needing to renew again. Interestingly my list indicates 'FORWARD FACING CAMERA' and I thought I was only getting a rear view camera as standard on HSE? Anyone got a forward facing camera?
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

We all have a forward facing camera. It’s uses for AEB, Lane Departure Warning, Traffic Sign Recognition. But not as a camera you can view.

Just checked the MY17 brochure and Secure is an option for HSE Spec. The previous LR Management owner of mine must have optioned it or LR have it optioned as standard for company vehicles.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

You can view and download the certificate from the in control website ( https://incontrol.landrover.com ). If you look at your 'Services' on the right hand side of the page when you've logged in, you will also see what incontrol features your car has assigned:

You can see that under the 'Incontrol Secure', you can view your certificate.

My October 2017 HSE has it fitted as standard.[/img]
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I knew you could see it somewhere!! Thumbs Up
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 

Thanks guys Thumbs Up will be picking it up on 28th and getting the dealer to set me up on incontrol
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum