Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Disco Inferno
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Yulong White

Thought so Thumbs Up

I expect the dealers might be inclined to 'pass on' the plates as new vehicles come in to avoid ordering extra Wink
  • HDFB110
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Washed my car this weekend & found my spare has been removed.
    Full size alloy, with new GG AT3 Big Cry
    Last time the car was in for service the newer 'security' plate was fitted ???

Looking at the winch underneath the cable has been ground through.- they have damaged the bracket too.

Looking online a new winch bracket is about £140 - will probably go with as cheap a space saver spare as i can.

I checked the tyre pressure just before Christmas - since then the car has been in my garage or in our works car park, with exception of 4 day in the Heathrow car park ?
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

have heard of a few found missing after parking at Heathrow (plenty of time to grind through)

Mine will be there for 3 weeks at easter, they'll have the key so I get can get it off pretty easily! Will make sure I take a photo when dropping to the carpark people and check again when I collect it.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Mordred, apologies for stating the obvious, but maybe a better idea to leave the spare at home if you live near Heathrow.
    Or take it off and stick it in the boot and hide it with the retractable boot cover. Far better than stressing 'what if' over the holiday period Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

its 100 miles each way, so think I'll just rely on the RLD keeping it on (unless someone helps themselves with the car key of course)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Has a spare ever been stolen with an Uncle Ray protector?

I am of the opinion that nothing is totally thief proof. The harder you make it, the more determined the thief.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

mordred1973 wrote:
    its 100 miles each way, so think I'll just rely on the RLD keeping it on (unless someone helps themselves with the car key of course)

Ah ok I assumed incorrectly that you had the LR plate and not Uncle Rays plate Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

LR plate is sat in the garage, was removed as soon as I got home...(after I noticed the dealer had removed by RLD and put it in the boot and replaced it with the LR one!)

• Disco Inferno
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Yulong White

So I complained to the dealer that my new Disco hadn't been fitted with a security plate as standard. Once I'd given them the VIN they explained that this is because my car is fitted with a space saver wheel.

Sure enough, when I went out and checked it's a half-width rim with a skinny 120psi tyre. The reason I hadn't noticed first time I looked under the back end is because the 'reduced section' spare wheel is also a gloss black spoked alloy design and I'd assumed it was the same rim as on the rest of car! Embarassed

So the big question is: Are LR now fitting the space saver wheel as standard to try and deter thieves?

Seems like a strange decision as there is absolutely no point in having a space saver when the spare is carried under the vehicle and there is room for a full rim.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Space saver is now std, full size spare is a cost option. It's not about security, its cost saving.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Yep either individual option or part of optional capability pack

• Dpetchey
    United Kingdom 

It’s an foc option and most will have a full size spare.
    We have a landmark on order and it automatically had the full size matching spare.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Was a £100 option for a full size spare when I checked before Xmas, but was standard on both the FE and Lux.

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Confirmed re Lux. I’m living in the configurator at the moment and the full size spare is standard and ticked as default - no cost option to change to a space saver.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • RLD
    United Kingdom 

Ok just had a report of a wheel gone with one of my wheel locks on it but looking at the photo of the winch the cable had been spun round not cut so all make sure the wheel is nice and tight up this is the first one in 15 years with D3/4/5 and RRs that has gone check you wheels are well up check every week just feel if it well up .

Thanks
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum