Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Reversing camera or 360

Posting this for anyone considering the 360 option and wondering if it’s worth having.

I’ve got it on my car, but have had two MY20 HSE Luxury loaners since before Xmas, both with just the standard reversing camera.

It’s truly dreadful. I’d assumed that the 360 option just added extra cameras, but it seems it also upgrades the reversing camera.

The standard camera is worse than on our 7 year old Toyota. Almost zero colour rendition in dusk/dark, terrible resolution in normal conditions and the slightest low sunlight hitting it and you might as well reverse blind.

I’ve seen people complain about the reversing lights, I wonder if those same owners are lumbered with the standard camera?

NB. I’d still say the 360 camera is slightly worse than my 2016 BMW was, but it’s perfectly usable and bright.

Rant over, but I urge anyone who reverse parks in tight spots or uses the car at night (niche, I know Very Happy ) to tick the 360 box.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • gavinadams
    Australia 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Wife declared that 360 was a must have option when we specd the D5
    Especially as the last car had it.

I totally agree, 360 great option

D5 MY19 HSE SD4 Loire Blue - Ebony seats / Ebony headlining - Dark Satin brushed aluminium trim - 7 seats - Heated and cooled front seats - Privacy glass - Black roof rails - 360 cameras - Capability plus pack
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum