Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Rallyevo3
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Route planner app after Android 10 update

Has anyone else had this, since my phone updated to Android 10 the route planner app on the phone doesn't work and says it's not compatible with the os
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

It’s interesting you mentioned this because although I have an iPhone, my connectivity between route planner on the iPhone and the car has stopped working also. Admittedly I haven’t used it for some time so it may be operator error. But I assumed that if you set a route on your phone it transferred to the car once you and the phone were in the car. I am sure that’s what happened last time when it copied across all my holiday itinerary. I’ve had a couple of iOS updates on the phone since I last used it and the car software has been updated to 19C since then also....so I don’t know if somethings changed?

Perhaps someone could remind me or point me to the right procedure for transferring routes from phone to car....in case it’s me.

Thanks

Edit...forgot the obvious, to re log in. Sorted
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Route Planner on Android 10

In essence this was a very good app, I used to send my route to he car and when I got in no fiddly typing on the slow to wake up Sat Nav.

The RP App has not been updated since 2017, Android and Apple have, and are no longer compatible. It appears the JLR have basically forgotten about it and don't care either.

The Disco 5 is a great car mechanically, but the Incontrol Pro is a basket case, full off issues, bugs, poor coding and bad design. It will never be good as it was designed and executed poorly

JLR have now purchased off the shelf from Black Berry / Siemens Priv Pro for the Defender, which will eventually feature on the new Disco

Basically if you have In control pro, the best if will ever be is average.

2019 HSE LUX
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum