Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

latest "home" screen

My car had is first service friday and all the SW updated. I cant say I like the latest "home" screen very much. I think I prefered the older 4 box version.

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

I am used to it now after 14 months, wish however you could tell it to always open with Radio/Media as the main screen rather than the 3 tiles and wish you could load your own wallpaper.

Oh, the biggest wish is that it booted up quick enough for the reverse camera to be useful when reversing off the drive and to be able to enter a destination before getting 500m down the road.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Labbix

Mordred, the reverse camera is immediately available, even before the whole system is loaded, be it with a smaller picture. As I have to use it daily to get out of my drive, I can say it works 95% of the time immediately... I am on S19B
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

it is a completely rubbish system......love having to pull over half a mile after leaving home to type in the destination to the SatNav, which is when the radio itself gets sound. plus during the initial reverse I have discovered the rear parking sensors don't work either until the system has booted up. I know the alternative is to start the car, sit on the drive with the engine running for a couple of minutes while it all boots up then drive away. It is (apart from non-working front parking sensors) the biggest most annoying thing about the car, even more so than the creaks and rattles in the cabin and the door handle covers falling off.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Mordred1973, the door handle covers falling off, there is a recall.
    Both passenger and driver ones fell off during light power washing and were replaced last year. Apparently was a seal issue. Both been fine ever since and alot less play in the replacement ones.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

sounds about right, dealer ignored it and said "they all do that, don't jet wash it"

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

The recall bulletin should be on Topix. Ridiculous paying all that money for this too happen, and too say not to powerwash it, is a joke.

I would push the dealer again for a result. I was just rinsing the snowfoam off when it happened.

My cars half the price and no issues ever like this, even when powerwashing on full blast, and thats using a heavy duty petrol unit, and not the Karacher electric one which i was using at the time.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • The Boss
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

My door handle caps were also replaced FOC by the dealer - the previous ones were very loose but the new ones are a much tighter fit and have been fine since fitted. Thumbs Up
  • whited3

Mordred, I get these huge delays in operability when I have a USB stick plugged in. Unplug it and all is good 99% of the time.

mordred1973 wrote:
    it is a completely rubbish system......love having to pull over half a mile after leaving home to type in the destination to the SatNav, which is when the radio itself gets sound. plus during the initial reverse I have discovered the rear parking sensors don't work either until the system has booted up. I know the alternative is to start the car, sit on the drive with the engine running for a couple of minutes while it all boots up then drive away. It is (apart from non-working front parking sensors) the biggest most annoying thing about the car, even more so than the creaks and rattles in the cabin and the door handle covers falling off.

• Labbix

Just saw when put immediately in reverse when getting in the car this morning, the reverse and 360 camera work in full immediately as well. Before it was a smaller view, but apparently not anymore. Never realized that before, must have been with the software update. I’m in a my18 and on s19b. But my media system was not on, will try later to say what it does with media system on from the start. Besides this, I have two 64gb usb’s connected, which are both filled with music and video, but since a few months I use the Bluetooth to iPhone connection for my music and, when media system is on, it starts directly from the phone (with the S18 software I always had to reselect the audio source), which probably means the car doesn’t re-initiate the usb’s libraries every time I start? Anyway, it works with me, so should with you!
  • eelpout
    United States 

I find the size of the rear backup screen to be randomly sized on startup, doesn't seem to have a pattern. I'm on the latest build. (I have an early MY17, so it's an oddball I've been told)

as for SatNav, try using the voice recognition. once one learns which command to say when, it's not so bad.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum