Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Subscription services

So, it turns out that the Here nav and map update service is a three years from first registration. The connected services (app, tracker and so on) are 3 yrs from approved used purchase date. So my maps updates stop in June when the car hits 3 yrs, but everything else runs until July 2021 (we purchased in July 2018).

Is that in line with what other people have?

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

The car would have had a 3 year subscription for both JLR Incontrol and HERE maps in June 2017.

I can only assume that in July 2018 the dealer started a new subscription for your JLR Incontrol.
    As you say the maps are managed by HERE and probably not so easy to mess with the subscription part way through?
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Mine was regd July 2017, the maps and warranty run to July 2020 as expected. Strangely the Incontrol apps etc licences run to March 2021.

The car was owned by JLR, so I wonder if the Incontrol apps etc licence was not started when they registered it but when they commenced their de-fleet?

So I will be making sure I have the most up to date maps about a week before they run out....

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I renewed my maps as it also includes the live traffic which I find useful.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

how much was the map subs? I don't get live in mine as I have never put a SIM card in (really should to make sure it works before the warranty is up)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

£89 for the year, there is a 3 year rate as well.

https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread2401.html
  • grabar
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Firenze Red

my maps expire early next month, but my incontrol apps expire sept 2022, I bought my 2017 hse in sept 2019,
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum