Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Andeh13
    United Kingdom 

Spotify/Deezer, via online media?

Under online media it lists Spotify, deezer and tune in.

Tune in works fine, but when i select Spotify or Deezer it just takes me to the JLR home page.

JLR confirmed that Spotify isn't supported (but it is supported on the f type...) but they did confirm deezer was....

Has anyone setup Deezer or Spotify?

Many thanks,
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

My Spotify only works via iphone connected to USB. I had hoped latest update would allow access via cubby data sim.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I tried to get Deezer to work. It didn't. I gave up. 🙄

I just play music from my phone over Bluetooth. That works very well. 👍

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Spotify used to be part of "Incontrol Apps" but they then removed it, saying it should be used via Android Auto or Apple Car Play.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I have recently taken delivery of a new D5 and have been looking through the InControl Pro system and it has the options to setup accounts for Spotify, Deezer, Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar and RingGo. These are listed under connected accounts, so I presume the appropriate account information for each service needs to be entered there. Unfortunately my InControl setup is not working yet as it still has my old D5 associated plus the new one and the removal process for the old one has taken 48hrs so far. I have raised a case with LR technical team for remediation - hopefully it will get fixed soon. Whistle
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Ah so they've added it back on the new ones? Interesting

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I use Deezer through CarPlay, as well as Apple Music.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

I use spotify via Android Auto

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I would have said the InControl apps were a waste of space now that you can use Carplay or Auto?

Last edited by jimbg on 4th Apr 2020 6:29 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

100% agree, they were stroppy anyway. I have never put a sim in my car, prob should before warranty runs out to make sure it works

• Quasar
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Fuji White

I use Deezer thru a SIM. The SIM is a 12 GB PAYG on Three. My Deezer account is linked to my incontrol account on the incontrol website. Works well and is a lot neater than CarPlay as phone does not need to be physically plugged in to car.
  • winmar
    Germany 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Spotify

Received email from LRcustomer service. Spotify can be enabled directly again, without need to use CarPlay. You will need to update the Incontrol software OTA to the latest version. Upon that you need to login to your incontrol account with LR. Here under your account settings you can link your Spotify account with the Incontrol account.

BUT my Discovery has the latest Incontrol update installed but so far no Spotify app again. Will check later this week.

D5 HSE - Delivered! Smile & D3 HSE 60 Years Edition - preparing full tlc and MOT pass
    D2 Highlander - Gone but not forgotten
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Apparently, the latest InControl update was suspended a few weeks ago because it had problems.

This was posted on TOPIX on 11th March.

Quote:
    Software Over The Air (SOTA) Potential Concern
    A potential concern has been identified with the latest level of Next Generation Infotainment (NGI) software ‘S20A_20.07.5-507626’. Whilst this concern is being investigated, we have suspended any further updates to this level. It will still be possible to complete SOTA updates, however the previous software ‘S19C_19.46.4-458817’ will be loaded to the vehicle. An updated communication will be issued when further information is available.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Just been on JLR incontrol site and there's Censored all for entertainment. So the only option for extra music is to plug in your phone, Rather makes a mockery of the onboard sim slot. I'm not impressed.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Andeh13
    United Kingdom 

B McP wrote:
    I have recently taken delivery of a new D5 and have been looking through the InControl Pro system and it has the options to setup accounts for Spotify, Deezer, Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar and RingGo. These are listed under connected accounts, so I presume the appropriate account information for each service needs to be entered there. Unfortunately my InControl setup is not working yet as it still has my old D5 associated plus the new one and the removal process for the old one has taken 48hrs so far. I have raised a case with LR technical team for remediation - hopefully it will get fixed soon. Whistle

Thank you! Very Happy

Yes, this is what I was missing.

Logging on to my incontrol account, then going to ''my account'' then ''connected accounts'' let me add spotify, outlook etc.

I will test spotify later & report back.

Smile
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum