Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• CRV Man
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

Rear entertainment

Hi all cannot seam to get the rear screens to work with the usb connections in the rear
    any ideas Bow down Bow down Bow down
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

I may be wrong, but think it’s the HDMI connections for the rear screens and the USB just charge stuff. Seems a little bit of a lost opportunity. Also ponder often why we are tied to LR headphones, instead of a Bluetooth output....

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

That's correct. For this reason, I've gone for the twin 12v sockets in the rear on my next one. These replace the USBs and will be more flexible in future as I can use 12v/USB-C adapters etc.

Agree completely that the screens are a bit of a missed opportunity in many ways. I wouldn't pay extra for them, just have them as I want everything else that the HSE-L comes with.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • neoda1
    United Kingdom 

Re: Rear entertainment

CRV Man wrote:
    Hi all cannot seam to get the rear screens to work with the usb connections in the rear
    any ideas Bow down Bow down Bow down

What are you trying to play using the USB?

HDMI works fine with for 3rd party external devices. Use USB to power the device and HDMI to feed the audio video.

Control using either the remote or front driver infotainment system.
  • TechnoTurkey
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

You can play content on the rear screens via USB if you plug it in the sockets in the arm rest.
  • teaman
    United Kingdom 

I stripped down an old Apple TV, rebuilt it with a 12V USB power supply and connected it to the car hotspot. Now the kids can choose their own stuff or I can Airplay from my phone (connected to the same hotspot).

Works rather wonderfully vs the awful Apple Lightning to HDMI connector. Now the picture and audio on the RSE is super-stable (going over a bump would previously disconnect from the RSE using the Apple HDMI connector.

Overall though the RSE system is still clunky and flakey. But now I also have the option to use Bluetooth headphones, etc.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum