Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

I have this from day 1, no matter what update was applied. Never really bothered me and never questioned it, but I think it might have to do with the speed vs standing still. I think you can reactivate it when you press the parking sensor symbol though. But yes it’s sometimes on and sometimes off, no idea why...
    Don’t think there is a connection with the AEB, and not sure all cars have it. In mine I can select ‘forward detection assist’ or something like that on the dash behind the steering wheel. After the 18D update it became a lot more sensitive than before, it gives a red triangle and beep warning when too close or to fast approaching something in front of you. The AEB is another option to select on the dash.
  • Labbix

What picture do you want me to take if back in the car, the one with the yellow grey bars? That appears when pressing the parking sensor symbol? it’s in a different screen (to the right of my 2 camera visualizations) but have a left hand drive of course. Otherwise I see a greyed out car with a red line or cross through it, if I remember well. The warning of ‘not available ‘ is mostly too short to take a picture from... or I’m getting too slow!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Hi Labbix, yes the photo of the split screen front camera please.
    Never had the yellow and grey guidelines until after the service and software fix last week, but disappeared totally now. I have went into the settings and twiddled with it but too no avail.
    Tried pressing the orange parking sensor button as well but nothing.
    No idea if the AEB works, but i assume the yellow and grey guideline bars were part of the so called N227 recall/fix as were never there before. Rolling Eyes (Like i said earlier was just going to post up photos to stick up on here after the fix).

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

Here you go, was just too late for the not available message...

• Labbix

This the other one without parking sensors activated:

• EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I have a Discovery SE bought in April 2018 and the only time I have had anything to do with AEB was when I cleaned the ice of the windscreen and the message AEB not available.
    As I didn't know what it meant I asked here and was told that I hadn't cleaned my screen fully and was told about the triangles either side of the mirror.
    I have since drove close to walls and other objects to see what would happen and nothing does.
    Having read this post it would seem there is the option of turning it on or off, is that correct,
    and if so how ?
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Yes you can turn it off in the vehicle menu but every time you start the car it resets, so you'd have to turn it off every time you get into the car.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks Labbix, I meant the large screen has the yellow and grey bars, not the small screens on the right hand side (or in my case the left), which shows the proximity of the objects which I also get. Will try this evening if I get time and post up images if I can get it working.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

These ones?

With sensors:

And without:

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Yes I got that last week for the first time ever after picking car up, but not getting the bars now for some reason along with the message. Always had the lines on rear camera but never on front until applied N227 last week.

• Labbix

I actually have never used this view as I have to tap the camera symbol twice to have it appear, then I prefer to use the drive assist in the 4x4i menu, as this gives left, right and front camera at the same time. But don’t understand why JLR doesn’t let us make a shortcut on the homepage for this one, as very useful.

But to come back to your first question, I have the front detection not available message on a regular base as well, no idea why, but as said maybe speed depending? Am curious to see what explanation others or a dealer would give.
  • Labbix

Just noticed you can actually change the sensitivity of the ‘forward alert’, so had nothing to do with the software updates ( or JLR must have added it and as well added the info in the iGUIDE Wink
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum