Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Jemoss
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Thanks for all the feedback so far! We went for a short trip into town today. Tried the sport setting on the gear selector and.....it did feel firmer!! Might just be psychological and only a 3 mile trip so will put to the test more on a longer trip! Cant find any info in the manual what S actually does!!
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

This is interesting to read because i have a 2017 d5vtdv6 hse lux, and it rides rrally nicely. It is less wallowy than the d3 i had before. Less wallowy than the FFRR that my wife had. A little bit worse than the RRS that I had before.

My wife suffers badly from car sickness, and has not had any problems at all in the D5.
  • Jemoss
    United Kingdom 

As an update to this we may have solved the car sickness issue...after blaming the cars ride it appears to have been the child seat! We have recently installed a different child seat, competed lots of journeys all sick free!! All we put it down to is the side protection on the old car seat blocking too much of the view hence making the kids sick!

Glad we have that sorted. Although i am enjoying the disco in sport mode - seems to work the engine more!
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

You say fitting a new child seat has solved your car sickness issue, but your original post referred only to firming up the ride to make it less wallowy .

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Jemoss
    United Kingdom 

That is correct. If you look at my second comment (third one in the thread) you'll see i mention the main reason for wanting to firm up the ride is car sickness. The walloway ride is ok by me as long as theres no sick involved!!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum