Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Android and Smart Seat Fold

I recently complained to my dealer that my car was not communicating with my Incontrol app but I was able to log on through the car screen. He said that there were some module upgrades but that in the first instance, I should check that I was using the correct app. It turned out that I wasn't and that there was a newer one (why don't they take down the old one?!). So, I installed the new one and the car connected. However, there is no facility to operate the seats remotely. Having paid for this feature, I am pretty miffed that it seems to have been ommited from the android version of the app whereas it has been retained in the IOS version. Am I missing something? Does anyone with the latest app for Android have this facility?

Cheers

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

You are correct. I have kept both versions of the app specifically for that reason. No idea why they omitted the seat fold from new android version.
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

I have this missing too, everything else works fine but no seats option. LR Customer Service had my vehicle removed from the app and something updated, I added it back in this morning but still not there so they are looking in to it.

I have the intelligent seats which is needed for this as I have a HSE Lux, the seat option also shows in the car on the front screen and they can be changed from there, just not in the app.
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

Chopsy wrote:
    You are correct. I have kept both versions of the app specifically for that reason. No idea why they omitted the seat fold from new android version.

Other people do have seat fold in the new app, I think they are missing the option to do individual ones but can do a row at a time.

I don't have it in either app!
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

JLR just told me "officially" that version 2 of the app doesn't have seat control and that I should revert to version 1. However, my wife's version 2 on her IOS phone has the seat fold part!!

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

Yes, I had the same info from them, the V2 Android app does not have seat fold but the V2 iOS does.

I asked them to log it as a complaint.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

I exchanged emails with the customer experience team in October last year about this.
    Initially they tried telling me my car didn't have intelligent seat fold, only believing me after i sent a screen shot of topix spec page and the existing app page.

After about 4 emails (they were forwarding requests from their tech team) they went quiet and stopped replying, so i assume they have no intention of adding the sest fold to App v2 and will leave people who paid for the option without it working if they remove Appv1.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I doubt there will be any more updates as all models are gradually switching to PIVI as and when significant model year changes occur, so what you've got now is basically it.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Shocking isn't it? Charge you for a facility when you buy it and 2 years later find they cant be arsed to support it so they switch it off????

Typical JLR, bunch of cowboys, yet another reason for me to continue to tell every person i can, never to buy a JLR product.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

That’s absolutely terrible support.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Par for the course for my 2 year LR ownership experience, dearest car by tens of thousands, and worst experience i have had in 30 years

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

I know, Mordred, your experience has been dreadful. I do feel that I have been lucky in how my situation has been handled with the rejection of the first car. But a lot depends now on the next three years or so with this one.

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Are you also in the facebook group Equilibrium?

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

No, I didn’t know about the Facebook group. Will see if I can find it now...

• Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Three years ago you get Bear Grylls parchuting and folding his seats....now you get an email from LR saying "yeah we know you paid for it, but you cant have it"

My LR is great to drive, but has so many little faults, loose trims, mad, completely random auto wipers, rattles everything new these days is 85% finished and down to the customer to resolve the rest !

2019 HSE LUX
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum