Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Lucy2
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

towing electrics

Help please

I have just bought a 2018 discovery 5 HSE with a tow bar (detachable) already installed, it only has a 12 N socket fitted, first owner must have pulled a trailer. So does anybody know where I can buy plug in towing electrics 13 pin to tow a caravan. I have tried the internet, ECS electronics, Witter, & there all out of stock.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Discovery Sport 2.0 ltr HSE Lux black 2016 gone. New to me 2018 Discovery5, 2.0 ltr HSE SD4 Black 22"
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

One of these? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Converter...B00HRLJMEA

It should have the 13 pin socket fitted as standard. The previous owner must have swapped it for the 7 pin.
    You could probably change it back as all the wires should be there.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Lucy2
    Scotland 

Hi
    Thanks for your reply, I bought a small adaptor & have just plugged it in to connect 12N to caravan 13 pin so all my lights /indicators fog are working that will let me get away this weekend (Hoddom Castle). but I want to install the full wiring which also works the fridge Charges battery & reversing lights also cuts off the reversing sensors.
    But I will check tomorrow, as you say maybe the proper wiring loom is there and not used.
    Cheers.

Discovery Sport 2.0 ltr HSE Lux black 2016 gone. New to me 2018 Discovery5, 2.0 ltr HSE SD4 Black 22"
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

replied to your PM as well

If its a witter towbar, then its been fitted by a witter dealer somewhere, so thats possibly the quickest way

do these guys have one (I know its also an ECS product, but you never know):

https://www.towbars-uk.co.uk/shop/wiring-k...3-pin-pin/

or these:

https://www.towbarexpress.co.uk/

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Lucy2
    Scotland 

Hi
    Well I've waited a while but that's my 13 pin electric wiring kit arrived today, ordered from P F Jones part number 29190516PF, it covers RR1V (L405) 01/13 on. RR1V PHEV (L405) 01/18 on. RRS11 08/13 on. RRS11 PHEV 01/18 on. DISCOVERY V 04/17 on. Compatible for LED trailer lights.
    The wiring has 2 plugs that connect up to cars plugs behind bumper, it also has another wires that connects to a LED adapter box (Supplied with wiring). The wire & Led box goes up behind the n/s tail light.

If the rain stops tomorrow I'll strip out the old wiring & install the new then try it on my caravan, hopefully it'll all work, lights were fine with old wiring but fridge & battery charging didn't work. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

• Lucy2
    Scotland 

All,
    Nice dry day today so managed to install my new towing electrics, connected to caravan lights fridge working as they should, battery charging as well.
    The only thing is the rear parking sensors are not cancelling when reverse is selected but it's going into LR soon anyway so they can tell the car it's towing when plugged in. Thumbs Up

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum