Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Hello all,
    Just a small question... Are these engines that are having issues the petrol or diesel 2l versions? If petrol, is it the P200, P250 or P300.

Only asking as my wife has the P200 in her space, and just want to know if this is something I need to worry about.
  • hocks172
    England 

I honestly wouldn’t have even looked at another brand if I’d have been treated right and wasn’t constantly worrying about the next thing to go wrong but that’s Landrover it took four of them to realise they just are very badly built, with a horrendous dealer network.

No more Landrover!!!
    Previous LR: D3 HSE, RRS HST, Evoque Dynamic Lux, D5 HSE LUX.
  • Whippetman
    England 

nebc100 wrote:
    Hello all,
    Just a small question... Are these engines that are having issues the petrol or diesel 2l versions? If petrol, is it the P200, P250 or P300.

Only asking as my wife has the P200 in her space, and just want to know if this is something I need to worry about.

2litre diesel

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • rb1965
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Scotia Grey

Whippetman wrote:
    Thanks 🙏
    MD are suffering from a huge amount of warranty work and I have heard quite a few “technicians “ have left Helstone Garage Group which puts pressure on bookings.
    If their employees are treated like the customers one really can’t blame them.
    Really a 5 week wait for a new engine on warranty is a complete disgrace and totally unacceptable having paid £50,000 plus for a used vehicle.
    Makes one wonder how much longer the most loyal customers will put up with this situation.
    I’m just on the edge of my patience.....

A bit like you, this is my third, and worst Disco having had 3 and 4 previously... all bought new. This one fully specced £60k+... falling out of love with the brand. Had a test in the new Defender and loved it but not sure I can have a car which I don't trust... got other options in the garage and don't want to be in the situation where you take the non Landy one because you think it has the better chance of getting you to your destination!
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

It makes me glad that I didn't take the 2.0l diesel when I bought my D5.

I NEARLY bought it because it would have been cheaper, and would have been "good enough" for the towing that I do, but I needed something QUICKLY and they had the 3L tdv6 in stock in the colour that I wanted.

I know that the TDV6 has its own issues, but given the number of tdv6 engines sold, I think that I am happier with that than being the beta testers for LR with their new engine.

I have also heard that the new Defender seems to be having a fair number of "teething" issues!!
  • rb1965
    United Kingdom 

I regret not getting the SD6, although I have averaged 36mpg before these problems with the SD4, which I think is pretty good for such a big car, I think the bigger smoother engine would suit it better
  • rb1965
    United Kingdom 

nebc100 wrote:
    Hello all,

2L Diesel
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

Thanks... Whippetman already answered. Wink

When I bought my wife her e-pace, I considered the new diesel, but then I read about DPF issues with that engine, and since my wife doesn't drive much (only about 7000km per year!!), I thought that it simply isn't worth the bother of getting a diesel.

Even if we decide to travel in the e-pace, we will be better off with the petrol.

So far, I have to admit that we are very happy with it. It is a bit noisy when first starting, but as soon as it has calmed down (automatic choke sorted itself out), then it is a lovely smooth engine. When you stop at a traffic light, you barely even notice that the engine is on (no.... the start/stop has not turned the engine off) Wink

Good luck to everyone with the new diesel!! I REALLY hope that LR get their act together and resolve these issues!!!!!!
  • Whippetman
    England 

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!
    New engine has coolant leak,
    Back to LR this morning😢😢😢😢

• nebc100
    Luxembourg 

WOW!!! Sorry to hear this!!!!!!

I thought that the LR garage here in Luxembourg (there are only 2, and they are the same company) was bad, but t seems that it is not just the garages here that have problems. Are these the new vehicles coming from Slovakia maybe?

So far, my D5, mechanically, has been perfect (I mustn't say it too loud. She might hear me!!)
  • Whippetman
    England 

Mine is British built😳

• nebc100
    Luxembourg 

Ah... maybe the slovakian ones are better then. Wink
  • Whippetman
    England 

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry😳

• marvin
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si4 HSE Corris Grey

Got the call to say new engine 3.5 years so out of warranty (although they never told me....)

£17k replacement costs. Going for goodwill claim at JLR.
  • rb1965
    United Kingdom 

same situation. this is latest from dealer...

"The car is still booked in for Monday, no parts have been ordered yet as FRED have rejected the engine replacement request.
    They want even further tests doing on the vehicle before it will be authorised which just means we will have your car longer than anticipated.
    As we will need to do the further testing, then await the approval, order the parts and then carry out the engine replacement all being well.
    However I have checked the status of parts today as I cannot order these prior to approval and at the moment due to the current situations there are some delays with parts and we are looking like it is going to be 2 weeks at least before we can get the engine, but when that will be authorised to do so I am not too sure.

I know this isn’t the information you probably wanted to hear, however they want us to do further thorough testing before replacing such a large and costly component."
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum