Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Lucy2
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

EE data sim card

Hi all

Looking for some info and help please, Got a free payg 4g data sim from EE, topped it up with £10 went out to car installed sim into slot the correct way screen showing 4g and full 5 bar signal. But when I tried the google search URL bar it say's no internet connection, I also tried to sign into my incontrol app on screen still nothing, any idea's I'm stuck Big Cry

Lucy2.

Discovery Sport 2.0 ltr HSE Lux black 2016 gone. New to me 2018 Discovery5, 2.0 ltr HSE SD4 Black 22"
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

IF I remember, I had something similar, went into settings/connectivity and enabled something, worked fine then.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

When I had an O2 sim, I had to login to the O2 site and activate it first. Similar thing with the Ubigi sim LR provide for first 3 yrs.
  • Lucy2
    Scotland 

Thanks guy's I'll give that a go, let you know how I get on.

Thanks.

Discovery Sport 2.0 ltr HSE Lux black 2016 gone. New to me 2018 Discovery5, 2.0 ltr HSE SD4 Black 22"
  • Lucy2
    Scotland 

Update on sim,

I have checked the sim out with EE it's set up & working ok, I also checked sim in my other phone works fine.
    When I install the sim in the disco's slot it still shows 4g & 5 signal bars. Again if I try to get google it just comes up unable to connect to google, if I try logging into in-control it tells me no internet connection. driving me batty, maybe I'm not doing something right in the car, maybe EE's sim isn't compatible.
    Still looking for help Bow down

• nigels888
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

mine does this as well. it is eventually going in next friday to get a sota update which they say will cure it. fingers crossed
  • Lucy2
    Scotland 

Took my daughter to dentist the other day, kept playing around with wi-fi and 4 G while I was waiting and for some reason it managed to update the infotainment system to 20B, strange because it just buffers when I try to download the connectivity system, unable to connect to the internet. Cars booked into LR for rear tailgate lamp replacement on the 11th Oct so will get them to have a look. Let you all know what's wrong when I get it back.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Hi Lucy2,

sorry for going of on a different tangent, but can i ask what the issue is with your rear light ?

We are also having issues with the whole of the rear left light cluster.

Just wondering if its the same issue?

Thanks

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • NickHoward
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Me too (with the EE sim) - just can't get the car to recognise its there.

Search of you tube suggests I need to get the car to "forget" its IMEI and MAC address, but even though I press the RESET option, nothing appears to happen (or am I being too impatient).

I can get the car to connect via wifi, but just not the sim - frustrating

Nick
  • Lucy2
    Scotland 

Nick

I have an EE data only card, when installed correctly with brass contacts towards the front of car I get 4G & full signal, I also get good wi-fi at my house, but car won't connect to internet no matter what I do.
    So my EE cards ok & wi-fi's ok, think it's the car somehow. It's going into LR soon anyway so they can sort it Rolling Eyes

• NickHoward
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Lucy

I get the wifi to work and the internet but can’t get the SIM card to be recognised.

Very frustrating

Nick
  • nigels888
    United Kingdom 

mine has now been fixed. as expected a new telematics unit has been fitted
  • Lucy2
    Scotland 

Nigel,
    Good news then hope thats your problem gone, now enjoy.Hopefully that's all that's wrong with my car,
    Find out Tuesday.
    Cheers L.

• nigels888
    United Kingdom 

Be warned they had mine all week to sort it out. kept telling me it needed a sota update even though I told them it would need a new telematics unit. eventually they conceeded after the update failed three times and got the approval and now it works as expected
  • Lucy2
    Scotland 

Guy's
    Got car back from LR service, They tried to do a sota update but after a few try's it crashed went into no start mode, They contacted LR & got authorisation to install a new TCU then tried the update again bingo now all's working as it should. They also done a re learn of the towing electrics, now the rear sensors turn of when connected to my tin tent. Thanks for all your input guy's. Wink

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum