Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• captaindarling13
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

How to check specification?

Hi All,

Just collected my new-to-me 19MY D5, HSE Lux, SDV6, from a main dealer yesterday, and I'm chuffed with it. It replaces my 9 yr old D4, which I had for 6 years.

I was wondering if there is any way of finding out the exact spec of the car? Google search suggests ownerinfo.landrover.com, but this seems to be more of a generic list.

My car has the 'big ticket' options that I wanted - towbar and roof rails - but I'm curious about the less obvious bits and pieces. Dealer advert failed to mention the head up display, so not sure how accurate the rest of the description was.

Thanks, David.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

You could ask the dealer for a Spec sheet off the Topix Land Rover website. I asked for one when I bought mine.

Discovery 5 HSE Dynamic D300
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

P S welcome to the forum, its customary to post a picture of your new D5. Thumbs Up

Discovery 5 HSE Dynamic D300
  • captaindarling13
    United Kingdom 

Thanks bigcol, I'll try that.
  • captaindarling13
    United Kingdom 

Tried to add a photo, but keep getting a gallery load error?
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

if you register as an Independent on TOPIX, that has the the spec of your specific car on it....won't say which are extras but lists all of the features....

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • captaindarling13
    United Kingdom 

So I registered on Topix last night, as an independent, but i'm not much further forward as pretty much every 'clickable' link or document requires a paid subscription - unless I'm doing something wrong?

When you say it will show the spec of my specific car but not extras, do you mean it will show the generic spec / standard features of my model? I note in your subscript that yours has wade sensing, how would I find out if mine has that for instance?

Thanks, David.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Wade sensing can be viewed via the infotainment system. You will see a side on view of the car along with the water depth. This was an optional extra. The sensors are located in the door mirrors.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

not been on in ages, but there was something like "Minor Features" and mine listed everything in there, from Heated seats, through to extras such as Fuel Burning Heater, Deployable towbar. It didn't say which were standard and which were extras but listed everything JLR thought was a feature. I will og in and have a look again, been a while....

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

TOPIx no longer lists all the build features Sad

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • captaindarling13
    United Kingdom 

Thanks simonh.

I can't really see anything on there without subscribing / paying for it.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

glad i downloaded it when i could....

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum