Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Afraid the twin speed is a different component so it's not a software upgrade, new rear prop and transfer case as well so has to be a vehicle build option.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Eelpout, we don’t get the Acura MDX (or indeed any Acura) in the UK.

You guys have many mid/large SUVs that I would seriously consider - from Tellurides and Ascents to Aviators and Navigators. We have an incredibly limited choice over here. It’s taken until this year for Toyota to introduce the Highlander and it’s a rare exception for making it to these shores.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Black R-Dynamic SE on black 22's...

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • mwsedgwick

Really dislike the cruella de vil interior

Has to be full black for me
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

I like the idea of a lighter interior, but not with 2 kids thanks....

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • eelpout
    United States 

Equilibrium wrote:
    Eelpout, we don’t get the Acura MDX (or indeed any Acura) in the UK. You guys have many mid/large SUVs that I would seriously consider

wow. pardon my ignorance. well, IMO we have too freakin' many over here. Smile

Windy Miller wrote:

how do people feel about 22's in general? I have a placeholder order for what I guess will be a MY22 now. But I have it spec'd with 21's. I currently have 20's and they don't seem too harsh. I wanted to keep black rims and those are no longer offered on 20's (at least over here), so had to bump up. I certainly like the looks of 22's but hear they can be quite harsh and noisy and maybe not the best for snowy conditions.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

No issues with the 22's. The ride is slightly firmer than the 20's but still surprisingly pleasant and comfortable.

Had I not had the 20's on the courtesy car before our car arrived, I would have been happy with the way the 22's initially rode.

I also think they look better as they fill the wheel arches, as do the 21's. Can't say they are any noisier than the 20's, especially on the motorway.

(20's and 19's look out of proportion on such a big car, I personally think, but then again we all have different needs, so the smaller rims are preferred for off roading purposes).

Alot less roll and car corners alot flatter in the bends, on the 22's when pushed hard. Compare this to the boat like handling of the 20's, it's like night and day.

With regards to snow, this is the first year I have had a proper play in the snow and was really impressed with the handling. Running the original Pirelli Scorpion 285's mud and snow. Yes they will not be as good as proper chunky offroad tyres, but for a low profile tyre I was well pleased.

In comparison, I am running semi slick Potenza tyres, 245's on my car, on 18 inch rims, and they are a nightmare in the snow in comparison, even though the car is AWD.

Pity you can't post up videos on here as I was having a bit of fun in the snow last weekend, and you can see how well the car coped in the snow even with a fully loaded trailer on the back. Actually see the front wheels spinning a split second before the rear ones kick in when pulling away.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • adds58
    United Kingdom 

Windy Miller wrote:

I do like this look but really want to see one in Carpathian Grey with black wheels (as you've ordered @windy) .
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

A load of new (mainly rehashed promo footage but with new unseen footage and commentary overlaid) videos released from LR today on their YouTube...

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Another Black R-Dynamic D300 SE with Black 22's and the awful(IMO) 2-tone interior.

• Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Is it any wonder they are trying to shift them on Autotrader, whoever's speced these probably hasn't a job anymore. Do they come with sick bags?

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Trevorb1 wrote:
    Is it any wonder they are trying to shift them on Autotrader, whoever's speced these probably hasn't a job anymore. Do they come with sick bags?

It's an interesting one this, I have a feeling dealers could only choose pre-defined specs and they weren't able to spec themselves. I say this because in the LR system my order states that it's "LESS Pre-Volume Build Phase - Generic", which would possibly indicate there was a build batch of dealer launch cars that dealers could pick from and judging by what's coming to market on Autotrader those cars would seem nearly all to have been SE spec and have the two-tone interior

• Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

Windy Miller wrote:
    Another Black R-Dynamic D300 SE with Black 22's and the awful(IMO) 2-tone interior.

I sometimes get the feeling I'm the only person who doesn't like black/silver/grey cars with black interiors.
    Laughing
  • Ecosse
    United Kingdom 

Agree entirely, the dark interior on a black car makes it far too drab - at least the 2 tone seating lightens up the interior until more options as to the headlining are available.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

I wouldn't buy a 2 tone, the top of the doors and seats would be permanently dirty with my kids....

Our current one is black with the black headlining, only thing I would change inside is the wood on the doors of our 2017, rather it was something else.

Interesting they have moved the second row air vents from the door pillar to now blow at the knees of the centre rear passenger...

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum