Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Walkaround of a HSE D300 in Portofino Blue with black roof rails. Note the engine is running and it's whisper quiet, which backs up what my dealer said to me. Shocked

The full ebony looks lovely, as does the little HSE touches you get inside over the SE. I'm starting to get very excited about mine arriving! Very Happy

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • John C
    United Kingdom 

That looks superb!!!! Actually, the chrome wheel (which I didn't like on some previous post) looks very different in this configuration.

That engine is very quiet!!!!

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Windy Miller wrote:
    Walkaround of a HSE D300 in Portofino Blue with black roof rails. Note the engine is running and it's whisper quiet, which backs up what my dealer said to me. Shocked

The full ebony looks lovely, as does the little HSE touches you get inside over the SE. I'm starting to get very excited about mine arriving! Very Happy

Wheel design looks great, but I personally would still prefer a smaller diameter for more versatility. The new Pivi Pro display inside looks amazing!

Too bad you can't get a wood trimmed console though. brushed aluminum is a bit too industrial for my tastes and I despise piano black in my interior as it's impossible to keep clean and it scratches too easily.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

For me, the downside of the large Pivi pro screen is there is no where convenient to rest your hand to steady it to get the right place on screen, just finish up with your hand floating around and hope you select the right function.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

For me, the downside of the large Pivi pro screen is there is no where convenient to rest your hand to steady it to get the right place on screen, just finish up with your hand floating around and hope you select the right function.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Looks great in that colour which is my first choice. I am considering an SE 0ver a HSE as I can spec the SE as I want it and cost wise would be £3k less. Is it really worth paying the extra money for a HSE?

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • adds58
    United Kingdom 

Car does look good. Anyone else think the top of the front headrests look a bit odd though?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

They look awful!

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • eelpout
    United States 

adds58 wrote:
    Car does look good. Anyone else think the top of the front headrests look a bit odd though?

yeah, looks like the front pulls forward now so it's split.
  • Jayd5
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

So glad I went with the ebony interior, really looking forward to getting mine Very Happy Very Happy
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

BigCol66 wrote:
    Looks great in that colour which is my first choice. I am considering an SE 0ver a HSE as I can spec the SE as I want it and cost wise would be £3k less. Is it really worth paying the extra money for a HSE?

I guess it comes down to whether you need the extras. In my case the majority of my driving is very long journeys (3-6hour round trips) so comfort is paramount and I live by things such as the Adaptive Cruise, good stereo, bright headlights, adjustable cooled seats etc. So by the time I've specced up the SE to my desired spec it is the same price as an HSE but still has things missing like the powered tailgate, extended leather, premium cabin lighting, premium leather steering wheel etc. Factor in the lower RV on the SE to the HSE and it makes the HSE, in my case, a no brainer.

Horses for courses really, but if you're going to be speccing an SE up then it'll be best to get the HSE. Smile

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

adds58 wrote:

Looks like they've used the same(or very similar) design/style as is in the FFRR and RRS. Smile

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

[quote="Windy Miller"]
    BigCol66 wrote:

I guess it comes down to whether you need the extras. In my case the majority of my driving is very long journeys (3-6hour round trips) so comfort is paramount and I live by things such as the Adaptive Cruise, good stereo, bright headlights, adjustable cooled seats etc. So by the time I've specced up the SE to my desired spec it is the same price as an HSE but still has things missing like the powered tailgate, extended leather, premium cabin lighting, premium leather steering wheel etc. Factor in the lower RV on the SE to the HSE and it makes the HSE, in my case, a no brainer.

Horses for courses really, but if you're going to be speccing an SE up then it'll be best to get the HSE. Smile[/quote
    Yes I agree with your comments. What is the lower RV you mentioned?]

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

BigCol66 wrote:
    What is the lower RV you mentioned?

The Residual Value on a D300 SE after 4 yrs is stamped (GFV) at £26,909 by JLR, whereas on the same HSE it's £29,101.

So in your case, the £3k on paper 'saving', is actually only around a £1k saving, but with an HSE you will get several thousand extra equipment as standard; electric boot £450, Adaptive Cruise £1,150, Matrix lights £300, Electric 3rd row £1600, Electric second row £300 etc etc. The SE therefore will always be worth much less than your upfront 'saving', especially if you're adding options.

The HSE will always be more desirable than an SE and LR are conservative with their values, but if you have a look at values of SE's now v HSE, the gap is wider than a couple of grand.

For me, the SE is only really worth it if you don't tick the options list and are happy with the base spec, else the HSE is a no brainer. Smile

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Probably best if I talk to a dealer although I was going to purchase from a broker because the 2 dealers I have approached have offered me next to no discount from one and not much off from the other.
    Two dealers I sent configurator specs to didn't even bother to reply.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum