Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Noting that I posted enthusiastically upthread - I bought one of the wireless CarPlay dongles. Unfortunately I found the sound quality much reduced, so it went on eBay.

In fairness, this is using Deezer HiFi/Spotify Premium. It may be less noticeable on lower quality standard Spotify etc., but i find the higher quality services are needed to get the Meridian Surround sounding at its best.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Just done a bit of research and Google on this. So the sound does go over WiFi and will be better than Bluetooth but it's limited to 16bit/44.1kHz apparently. So if you want beyond that like 24bit/192kHz as an example then it still needs to be via USB.
  • John C
    United Kingdom 

I was about to post similar in that the sound over WiFi seems to be better than over Bluetooth!

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • Rooster
    Slovakia 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Re: Possible new functionality?

Hi did u buy Joli iphone holder? how does it look like? where did u plug cabel? thank you for photo i would buy it

stereo247 wrote:
    eelpout wrote:
    stereo247 wrote:
    What I can’t seem to understand is why Landrovertec can’t program this into the current software - surely it’s not impossible?

I'm sure there are some usability and reliability problems they are trying to iron out before releasing anything. Hardware is all there for it from my understanding.

Honestly I don't think it's that big a deal to connect it to a wire, but that's me. I'm just happy my large Samsung Note 20 fits on my new MY22's wireless pad. Smile

Was wondering when they’d get round to it. Doesn’t help they’ve changed platform on the new Y21 models. We’ll probably never get this as an update as it’s been around as a possibility since IOS 9 I believe.

Hate waistline money but am either going to pull the trigger on a wireless USB unit or one of these:
    [url] https://joli.design/collections/iphone-car...5187[/url]

• stereo247
    South Africa 
    2019 Discovery TDV6 HSE Corris Grey

I can’t same - I capitulated and got the wireless solution. I’m sure you could run it the same way they do the Land Rover cup holder charger solution.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Seeing as it's listed on new cars with Pivi Pro that Wireless Carplay and Android Auto is now a feature, wondering if there's been a software update for cars with Pivi Pro that's added this in? I cannot think it needs new hardware so the only reason they might not do this would be a licensing cost I think.
  • MAPMA
    England 

It seems that there must have been a software update indeed. As of this morning I'm very happy to report I have wireless Android auto on my Disco Mr. Green
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Yay, that's good news indeed. Wasn't sure if I'd have this or not considering when my car is being built but doesn't matter if it's just a case of a software update anyway.

Be interested if it's a good and stable connection. BMW works well, though once in a blue moon it does seem to drop and then re-connect.
  • dgardel
    Italy 

Just ordered one!!!!! Rolling Eyes
  • HHCG1100
    Germany 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I've had a similar system (Carlinkit) in operation for 5 months now, and it works fine. What is not working fine is the infotainment car software. That comes on and off again all the time, it switches the phone connection on and off all the time, it interrupts phone calls and suddenly Carplay comes on, and vice versa, all kinds of stupid reactions. No difference with USB cable or USB WLan adaptor as I found. Long promised software update is and remains unavailable. A shame for this level of car - brand-wise and price-wise as well. Any simple 20.000 Euro mini car from the Far East is performing better.
    Banging Head
  • drwhopilot
    United Kingdom 

Which vehicle do you have? Does it have Pivi Pro?
  • HHCG1100
    Germany 

No PIVI. D5 SD6 HSE, 2019.
  • Liam
    Netherlands 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

I have the same carlinkit system for mine. Works great! Very happy with it

Current wheels: 2017 Discovery TD6, 2006 Defender 110, 2004 Mercedes E55 Estate
    Some earlier cars: 2015 D4 SDV6, 2004 D3 2.7, 1991 911 and a bunch of BMW's
  • HHCG1100
    Germany 

Meanwhile my car has downloaded an infotainment software update, which solved the Carplay issues.
    Thumbs Up

D4 SDV6 SE / 2014-09 / Corinthian Grey / sold.
    D5 SD6 HSE / 2019-08 / Carpathian Grey, Black Pack, Ebony.
  • Liam
    Netherlands 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

Great! That makes me happy I spent some time downloading & installing v21 of the software today

Current wheels: 2017 Discovery TD6, 2006 Defender 110, 2004 Mercedes E55 Estate
    Some earlier cars: 2015 D4 SDV6, 2004 D3 2.7, 1991 911 and a bunch of BMW's
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum