Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

At the dealers

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Great stuff - what's the drill they're telling you it will be when picking it up?

Did they know you went to get pics of it?

Smile

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Hi,
    The dealer sent the pics , I haven't been there since last Sept , just got an email on Friday saying I can pick up Mon/Tues so I replied Monday .
    Then got a email with vehicle details Vin etc and for me to confirm who the car was to be registered to and thats it .
    I expect a call prob on Mon morning to pay some money and confirm collection details , from what I have heard its just handing keys over and drive away .
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Safely at home , rained all the way home so bit dirty now , nice place to be when driving , need to set up a few things via touch screen as and when .
    Only issue can't access the vehicle via the app as before although dealer says it has been connected properly .
    I removed the DS which the dealer took and tried to enter details of D5 to App but won't have it , saying vehicle already added to another account .
    Emailed dealer asking for help Laughing
  • Duckers
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Enjoy Very Happy
  • rd450
    United Kingdom 

Not sure what you had before but how did the D250 feel for power / torque ? Few people also saying refinement is good and it’s very quiet ?

Thanks
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Had a 2.0 Discovery Sport and before that a D4 , only drove it from the dealers 25 mls ( mix of motorway and rural roads ) , yes its heavier than the DS but the power is very acceptable .
    Very smooth and quiet , felt a very comfortable place to be , just got to get used to the touch screen as thats where most things are controlled from .
    Still can't get signed in to the In Control App , hoping the dealer will contact tomorrow and help sort it .
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! Small q I'm hoping you can answer. When I ordered mine they said Apple CarPlay and Android Auto would be wireless when the cars first started arriving, or they'd be dropping an OTA update to Pivi to make it wireless in Feb/Mar, is that the case with your?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it's neither wireless and JLR still haven't sorted the OTA update? Laughing

• 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Still connection by usb lead .
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

unlike a Ford Fiesta lol

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Very nice 33lurcher, glad you are enjoying it.

Presume that is Eiger? Sometimes forum photos are misleading, but it looks like it. I’ve got the same colour, albeit with black accents and grey wheels in the pre-LCI. Really very happy with it, it’s a colour that works well on this damp and grey island, and with lovely blue hints when the sun eventually hits it. For a non-premium metallic it does a great job imho.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

33Lurcher wrote:
    Still connection by usb lead .

Rendering the £300 wireless charging option I specced (because I was told CarPlay would be wireless, and I don't like having my phone plugged in for the long journeys I do), utterly useless, given I'm going to have to plug it in anyway. Rolling Eyes Laughing

• 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

I will do a further check when I can get access to the car , I have assumed its still via cable as was my DS , and the online manual says it via cable .

On a positive note In Control App now correctly set up , Tracker Certificate viewable , I am struggling bit pairing our phones , managed to do mine when I collected it , paired wife's when home but no access to phonebook . I rang her when she arrived at work this morning but phone didn't"answer through car so I've done something wrong .

Had a quick go when she came home at teatime and managed to lose contact with both phones Rolling with laughter

Try again later this week .
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Equilibrium wrote:
    Very nice 33lurcher, glad you are enjoying it.

Presume that is Eiger? Sometimes forum photos are misleading, but it looks like it. I’ve got the same colour, albeit with black accents and grey wheels in the pre-LCI. Really very happy with it, it’s a colour that works well on this damp and grey island, and with lovely blue hints when the sun eventually hits it. For a non-premium metallic it does a great job imho.

Yes its Eiger

2021 D250 S Eiger Grey HSW Privacy Hi/Low Ratio
  • Webbs24
    United Kingdom 

Cushion Extension

Good Evening,

I have a random question I have ordered a d250 supposedly arriving late April early May. However has anyone else noticed on the final build sheet that the cushion extension function that should come with the 18 and 20 way adjustable seats has been removed? I’ve asked my dealer and they are trying to find out but I’m just curious if anyone else has noticed this?

Thanks in advance
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum