Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

2021 Order

Re submitted for a 2021 build as Sept 2020 order has been cancelled for a ,

3.0 D250 Eiger S Spec Heated Steering Wheel/Privacy/Low Ratio Option .
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Nice

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Just had an update from dealer , as the new D5 doesn't have the same incentives that the outgoing one had and even though my build was £4000 cheaper than the Sept 2020 order I placed , the monthly payments have increased by £70 .
    Quoting March/April del .

Decide what to do this weekend and let them know Monday whether to go ahead or not .
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

They are taking the Michael, assuming that it is the dealer that failed to fulfil the contract that you signed with them. i.e. at no point did you suggest you were walking as LR had announced a facelift at short notice.

They need to match the bottom line costs of the deal that you signed with them - deposit and monthlies - by adjusting their part of the deal. The only thing that will be outside their power is GFV.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

I ordered the original D5 on 19/09 deposit paid and monthly payments agreed (pcp and p/x our DS) ,
    del suggested was around end Oct in to Nov .
    Asked for an update on 10th Nov and got a call same day saying MY20 builds were now cancelled and for me to submit new MY21 build .
    Did that same day going for the S spec as it had most of the items we had ordered on the original SE .
    1st update was today with enhanced monthly figures .
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

If the original order was cancelled, for whatever reason, although I’d imagine non availability was the reason, then the new order for a 2021 model would be subject to new costings. Playing devils advocate, but if they can’t offer you the same incentives on a new model, it’s because of LR not the dealership.

Either take the new deal or cancel the order, but I am pretty sure you won’t get 2021 model at a 2020 model price.

They might be on for the original deal if you’d take a built 2020 model and were flexible on colour and spec just in my opinion.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

You ordered in Q3 for Q4 delivery. Whilst Darras is right that it’s LR in control, the contract is with the dealer and they are the representation into LR.

I would say that no dealer taking an order in mid-September would be in any doubt that a factory build was not going to happen. An order was placed in good faith, was it taken in good faith or actually a bait and switch.

I would run a carwow search tonight for the exact spec of your new model. See how the offers compare with what your dealer is suggesting.

It’s going to be a hardball haggle for sure, but I didn’t find a £70 a month difference between MY20 HSE-L and MY21 HSE when quoting last month. Percentage discounts were close.

Don’t give in easily and don’t be pressured in giving your new order decision this week. Do your research and haggle elsewhere.

One further option, once you have exhausted the numbers game - ok dealer you/LR have delayed this, put me in a loan D5 until my car is ready.

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for replies and advice , bit of research to do this weekend .
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

The devil is in the detail, so all advice is subject to presumptions.

If you feel you have a good case, run it by a Solicitor.

Personally, I’d simply move on as my experience has been the effort expended yielded nothing of any significance.
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Got 3 other quotes today via Car Wow , all were dearer than my dealer by £15 to £35 per month .
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Interesting, that. Worth checking drivethedeal and Coast2Coast as well, but it does sound like your dealer's price is reasonable. Although, that doesn't change that they are not delivering on the deal they signed up to.

Have you explored the 'stock car' option with them?

I think I'd be inclined to go for the new model and a good old haggle with them, if i was you. Once you've chipped every pound off the price, what can be landed in terms of dealer fit extras and service packs, blah blah. Could negate some of the £70 p/m with a combination of things.

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

If it helps, I got 8% 'discount' off my MY21 order, and the further £2500 deposit contribution (FDA) on top of that. Just as a side note, what's not made clear is the standard FDA is split 50:50 from JLR and the dealer.

My dealer tried to play hard ball and say their maximum set "matrix" discount level is 6% including the FDA(!), but I showed them the DTD quote and they eventually pretty much matched it.

More than happy you give you the name of my salesman if you want, I was VERY impressed by him, no sales BS or nonsense, just straightforward honest talking.

Smile

p.s. £70pcm is roughly £3000 cost difference (on a 4yrs PCP it is roughly £23pcm per £1000 in/out)
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Mine arrived the docks yesterday .
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Great news - was/is that on track with the delivery date you were given by the dealer, or ahead of time? Smile

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

The original date that dealer gave was with them 5/3 so its about right , don't know what is is but this is the 1st new car I haven't got excited about , maybe its because its 6 months since ordering and we have had other things to focus on .
    Planning a house move (1st in 39 yrs)
    New granddaughter almost 1 yr old and no snuggles since last March
    Keeping safe Very Happy
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum