Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Ecosse
    United Kingdom 

Heads Up Display

Can anyone with HUD in their car, explain the features available, whether it is configurable, can you alter colours, size, position and do the features update over the air? Seems quite an expensive option if it just shows mph on the screen!
  • Qwertyd5x
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

It main use is showing speed and Satnav direction. I don’t think you can change colour but I think you can configure what it shows. It is adjustable for brightness and position. Different driving modes project additional info such as differential lock in slippy conditions etc.
    My last 4 cars have had HUD. I now wouldn’t have a car without. No more looking down.
  • Ecosse
    United Kingdom 

Thanks - would be interested to find out more about what info shows up under the different driving modes as that sounds much more sophisticated as a system.
  • winmar
    Germany 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

You can configure what information is showed for as per the menu options (see pics)

Speed / current speed limit
    Cruise control / adaptive cruise control distance
    Lane Keep assist activated
    Song title upon skipping to new song
    Navigation directions (turn by turn)
    Off-road information: direction of front wheels / slope / angle

From the 2017 introduction event I recall the MY17 D5 was outfitted with a less bright (more yellow font) HUD and with less options. My MY18 D5 has the same HUD as in the 2018RRS I drove for almost a month. Perhaps someone here on the forum can confirm the difference between the MY.

Worth the purchase? Compared to other brands (Audi / Mini) and within JLR range it is rather expensive, as part of a pack a better choice. With Pivi Pro coming to D5 I am not sure if HUD is a must have. Surround cameras are IMHO.

D5 HSE - Delivered! Smile & D3 HSE 60 Years Edition - preparing full tlc and MOT pass
    D2 Highlander - Gone but not forgotten
  • Ecosse
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Winmar, useful review Very Happy
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

later versions are much better than the 2017. however having said that I love having the speedlimit and actual speed next to each other on the screen, as well as the satnav directions. Shame Android auto doesn't project onto it....

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Ecosse
    United Kingdom 

Now that's an interesting & useful feature - it's rather like some GPS speed camera units that show your actual speed & the speed limit...but how much more useful to have it in the line of sight.
    Wonder if there is a LR Owners Manual for the new Discovery somewhere online with the operating instructions?!!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum