Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• nigels888
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

broke my car

this week just pulling into car park I got a host of lights on the dash and warnings. ABS fault dsc off suspension lowered etc. anyway thought might just be a glitch leave it over night and it will reset. next morning all still lit up. so I drove it the 30miles to site and called landrover assist. they diagnosed it as a rear ABS sensor and fitted a new one, but still all lit up. so off it goes to guy salmon Coventry and I receive a landrover assist car. a range rover sport 2l hybrid. spoke to dealer on Thursday and apparently it needs a new wiring harness, cars only 2 years old with 19k miles on it but surprised by that to be honest and also the spare wheel winch is jammed. so stuck in the range rover for a bit longer. but I must say I prefer my own disco
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

A new wiring harnass, on a two year old car ?
    Can you inofrm us which it was afterwards ?

Pleas ask for a repair bill mentioning 'guarantee' , with the part number..

RR P400e hybrid Autobiography 2019 & MX-30 BEV
    D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Same symptoms as my 2019 MY20 car, turned out to be the sensor array in the front bumper, used for ACC etc.

Actually, don’t recall suspension lowering.

There is a thread on here somewhere; but that was the reason I rejected the car. Once fixed, it was good as gold for the next five months.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

..CLIFFHANGER...

What happened after these 5 months... Shocked

D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

First clue:

Equilibrium wrote:
    .... but that was the reason I rejected the car.

And the second clue is in his signature Very Happy

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

I can see he rejected the car.. ... but not WHY...

Same issue returned maybe ?? Question

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Legal right of rejection if the same fault occurs twice in the first six months.

At four and a half months old; the problem occurred and the car spent Xmas and New year in the dealer - problem was not cured as they did the wrong fix.

Failed again almost immediately and spent another four weeks iirc in another dealer. Was pretty hacked off at the whole experience and it made sense to invoke the right to reject.

Part of the rejection deal was that I could keep using my original car once it was fixed. It was then faultless until the new one eventually arrived.

Hope that makes more sense.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

Yep. Get it now ! Mr. Green

• luciogodoy
    United Kingdom 

Hi All

Equilibrium wrote:
    Part of the rejection deal was that I could keep using my original car once it was fixed. It was then faultless until the new one eventually arrived.

The question I have is how do I protect myself from buying a car such as yours in the future? As you have rightly rejected because it was never fixed properly.

Lucio
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

You buy it from a dealer with 24-60 months warranty.
    If they can not fix an issue after three chances, you can reject it too.. Mr. Green

• luciogodoy
    United Kingdom 

2B

"You buy it from a dealer with 24-60 months warranty."

Do you mean take an extended warranty when I buy the Disco?

Thanks

Lucio
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

luciogodoy wrote:
    The question I have is how do I protect myself from buying a car such as yours in the future? As you have rightly rejected because it was never fixed properly.

01. You buy that car as a used car;
    02. Approved used come with 24+ months warranty and mobility service;
    03. You can extend that to 60 months, max 100.000 miles upto 6yrs from registered;

I don't think BMW or Mercedes even offer the option of extending the warranty beyond their standard cover.

Most owners on the forum take the maximum guarantee on purchase. I chose for 36 months.
    For the 12 months extension I paid € 1200.

• SD1
    United Kingdom 

Approved Used now have 12months warranty not 24 months, they stopped 24 months warranty after Aug 2019, I believe.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

That's correct its 12 months warranty now. On mine, they actually only provided 2 months anyway since it was 14 months old so was covered by manufacturers warranty to 36 months. Subsequently, as part of a dispute resolution with the dealer they gave me 12 months extended warranty taking me to July 2021.

The options for rejecting on a used car are significantly reduced, unfortunately the majority of those that are rejected by the first owner, end up checked over and put on the forecourt of JLR dealers as approved used vehicles.

With the limitations of the LR extended warranty I am seriously thinking whether I should sell it rather than buy another 12 months warranty. (it is an insurance company LR branded warranty not the same as the 3 year LR manufacturers warranty)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

SD1 wrote:
    Approved Used now have 12months warranty not 24 months, they stopped 24 months warranty after Aug 2019, I believe.

Very strange that JLR insist on the 'brand looks' and forces dealers to build marble & glass palaces that scares away the hardcore 4x4 enthusiasts. At the same time they differentiate in guarantee schemes.

In the Netherlands we get 24 months on a new LR, no maintenance. On a Jaguar we get 3yrs and maintanence. With approved we get standard 24 months, but the costs are about € 2400 for the dealer, so their used cars are pushed above market value in their asking price. So also dealers offer cars without approved, with a basic guarantee.

In Belgium used cars were offered last year with 36 months 'approved' as standard. In the USA all JLR cars come with 5yrs factory guarantee, while the prices there are 10% below our 'tax free' prices !

The last six months 4 dealers left the JLR organisation and I think 3 more are nominated to leave soon.
    These represent 80% of the 'original' JLR dealerships.

I find this repulsive since we end up with 3 main oulet chains, for whom its just business, not a livestyle
    or a heritage.

To my taste, JLR is digging its own grave. From my 'neighbourhood' dealer, in the first year 5 prominent staff members left. They moved to the new glass palace, more left. Now only two out of 15 are still there.

I had a relation with this company over 12 years. This will end soon I guess.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum