Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Betty02
    United Kingdom 

Facelift Conversion?

Hi All,

New here, just a quick one, is it possible to facelift the 2016 Disco to look more like the 2017+ Discovery?

I did come across this which looks slightly what I am potentially after, but prefer to do OEM!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DISC...Swbz1defxN

If it's no possible then so be it but I do prefer the newer look!

Thanks in advance Smile

Simon
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Eek! Shocked That’s a bit blinged. You mean make a D3/4 look like a D5?

Each to their own, but not my cup of tea.
  • Betty02
    United Kingdom 

Sorry meant D5 to D5. I know the do a D3 to D5 conversion... Will try to explain...

From this -

to this..

Click image to enlarge

Hope that helps Smile
  • Betty02
    United Kingdom 

In all honesty I am struggling to find any real clarification on what models and years do and don't come with the 2nd picture above.

I thought it was a 2018 model facelift upgrade as per the 67 plate above, but then many 2018 don't come with that they come with the first picture etc?

So confused right now!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

The black grill and fingers were part of the black pack 1 or black pack 2 in 2017 / 2018.
    This was an extra feature that we paid for.
    I dont think its called that anymore, but part of a different package now on the configurator.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

Betty02 wrote:
    Sorry meant D5 to D5. I know the do a D3 to D5 conversion... Will try to explain...

From this -

to this..

Click image to enlarge

Hope that helps Smile

Isn't that first picture a Disco Sport?
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

The first picture does appear to be a Disco Sport.

If you are just talking about making a D5 look like the 67 plate D5, that’s simply the Dynamic pack. You can source the grille easily, plus some other bits such as the air intake ‘fingers’ and rear bumper surround. Changing the entire bumpers would be an expensive job though.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Betty02
    United Kingdom 

I’ve probably explained myself pretty poorly here due to a huge lack of knowledge on the D5.

So..

In the first bit I posted do you see where the fog lights are on the bumper, I thought this ‘style’ was some sort of pre-facelift.

And in the latest picture where it is a grey disco the “fog” area isn’t w fog area it’s more a vent (with orange without fingers)

What I’m trying to say is it possible to put the bumper with the vent (second car) on the first car as I prefer that style!

Or is that actually a backwards step?

Hope that helps! If not I will get some pictures and highlight areas tomorrow haha
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

The first photo isn't a D5.

There haven't been any changes since the first D5 came out in 2017. The new 2021 model apparently has some changes for the first time.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Betty02
    United Kingdom 

Well that makes me look stupid! What’s the first pictures classed as? Man I’m confused here I need to do some research!

EDIT: Think I’ve got this! 😂 does it go -

Disco 4 (Ended 2015 iirc?)
    Disco Sport (First Pic) (2016-2017)
    Disco 5? (2017+?)
  • Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

The disco sport is a totally different model and more akin to the freelander. It is to the discovery what the Range Rover sport is to the full fat Range Rover.

Now there has been a new disco sport that makes it look more like the full size discovery but unsure if the front ends are interchangeable.

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Discovery Sport is not in the line of Discovery 1-5. It’s a different model altogether and carries the family name (Discovery) across the bonnet.

Discovery is a pretty much full size SUV, sized between a BMW X5 and X7. Discovery Sport is a small/midsize, akin to a BMW X3.

Discovery Sport was launched in 2014 and replaced the Freelander 2. It was heavily revised last year and remains in production. It sits on the same platform as the RR Evoque.

Discovery 5 was launched in 2017 and replaced the Discovery 4. It sits on the FFRR/RRS platform.

And the second photo you posted has the Dynamic pack fitted, a £2k ish option from new. Most parts of this are a relatively easy retrofit to any Discovery 5. But any Discovery 5 has vertical vents, narrow horizontal LED fogs and looks pretty much like the second picture and almost nothing like the first Smile

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

My reply and reference to pictures was to Betty and not to Farmerben who posted whilst I was typing. We’re both awake early, I suspect doing very different jobs!

• Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

Nothing on the farm that needs doing that early this time of year! Just getting my daily gym session in to blow away the cobwebss.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Betty02 wrote:
    Well that makes me look stupid! What’s the first pictures classed as? Man I’m confused here I need to do some research!

EDIT: Think I’ve got this! 😂 does it go -

Disco 4 (Ended 2015 iirc?)
    Disco Sport (First Pic) (2016-2017)
    Disco 5? (2017+?)

The Disco Sport is the replacement for the Freelander, the D5 is the replacement for the D4. The Disco Sport was in production concurrently with the late D4s and is still in production now. It is significantly smaller and different to the full size Discoveries (D4/D5).

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum