Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• mwsedgwick

Windy Miller wrote:
    I've asked my dealer the question.

If this is the case, and there are spec differences/benefits, then I'm going to be Censored off that my new car will be out of date before I’ve even taken delivery of it!

A quick scout around the internet doesn't suggest anything, but there may be an element of truth in this because today Land Rover uploaded a new RRS video to their Youtube channel which has "MY22" in the title...

Hi

What exactly is the issue here in terms of changes or new model not being as described???
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Windy Miller wrote:
    My dealer has confirmed this is happening, but has said:

"Unfortunately we are not told until the day before in a confidential email what exactly is new"

He has tried to assure me I have nothing to worry about, and because the D5 has just had a major facelift (inc engines) then any changes will be minor i.e. colours and removal of the legacy P300 to make a full MHEV line-up, but in my mind if there is anything new that I would have chosen over what I've ordered then I'll be cancelling and re-ordering, and if there are standard/option changes that impact price then I'll be asking for the difference to be made up in my cost.

My guess is:
    They will add a few gimmicks, like clear view mirror (which I would have liked) but also raise the price quiet a bit, since J/LR just sells a lot of cars. So the price cut on the MY21 D5 will be a bit reverted and some minor new stuff added to push sales on MY22.

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

the main difference will be the mandatory introduction of the EU speed limiter system, that has to be fitted to every car sold in the EU and UK from 2022.

The system will use GPS and road traffic signs to limit the speed of the car to whatever the speed limit is. The used will be able to switch the system off (for now) but it will activate every time the car is started.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Seems to be a few people on the defender forums with DEC/JAN MY21 orders now getting calls from their dealer to say they have been moved to MY22 builds and delivery delayed until May/June. They are P400e orders so it might be something to do with that.

I’ve asked for a build/delivery date update from my dealer. The more I think about this MY21/22 situation the more uncomfortable I feel. Neutral

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I wouldn’t worry about the MY change Windy Miller. After a hefty facelift and very short production run of that, nothing will change.

My MY19 became a MY20 order and it was only colour palette that changed.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • mwsedgwick

Windy Miller wrote:
    Seems to be a few people on the defender forums with DEC/JAN MY21 orders now getting calls from their dealer to say they have been moved to MY22 builds and delivery delayed until May/June. They are P400e orders so it might be something to do with that.

I’ve asked for a build/delivery date update from my dealer. The more I think about this MY21/22 situation the more uncomfortable I feel. Neutral

What build date have you got Wendy?

As others have said, very unlikely they'll be much of a change considering they only just released the 2021 facelift.

My built date currently showing as 22/2. Delivery approx 19/3
  • Jayd5
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I also doubt there will be any change, they haven’t managed to deliver any 2021 models yet of any numbers. Any changes they will make will be very minor or just software updates, which you would get anyway.

However, remember LR states specification is subject to change at anytime due to continuous development. Therefore cancelling an order due to an upcoming model year change would probably result in you loosing your deposit.
  • eelpout
    United States 

Windy Miller wrote:
    My dealer has confirmed this is happening, but has said:

"Unfortunately we are not told until the day before in a confidential email what exactly is new"

He has tried to assure me I have nothing to worry about, and because the D5 has just had a major facelift (inc engines) then any changes will be minor i.e. colours and removal of the legacy P300 to make a full MHEV line-up,

I figure I'll just wait at this point, my MY17 TD6 runs fine and getting a new one May vs July in COVID-19 times doesn't matter for me.

The P300 is the primary big D5 engine over here, is that on the chopping block? I'm hoping they add the D300 or D350, the latter was rumored for D5 import last summer. I'd rather gamble and wait on the MY22. Smile
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

will be interesting to see if they ever fit the D350, in the UK the S is D250, SE is D250 or D300 and HSE is D300.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

mwsedgwick wrote:
    What build date have you got Wendy?

As others have said, very unlikely they'll be much of a change considering they only just released the 2021 facelift.

My built date currently showing as 22/2. Delivery approx 19/3

As of the 3rd of Feb I was; Build: 26th Feb, Delivery: 19th March, but I've asked for an update.

eelpout wrote:
    The P300 is the primary big D5 engine over here, is that on the chopping block? I'm hoping they add the D300 or D350, the latter was rumored for D5 import last summer. I'd rather gamble and wait on the MY22. Smile

P300 over here is the legacy 4pot petrol. It's the only engine in the range that isn't MHEV.

mordred1973 wrote:
    will be interesting to see if they ever fit the D350

This is my biggest question TBH. I'd have paid more for a 350 in a heartbeat, also if they did a PHEV with a decent battery I'd have considered that.

I took the MY21 in the understanding the engines were new and not liable to change and/or be part of a new engine line-up, so if they introduce either I'm going to be mightily Censored off and will be reevaluating my options.

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    P300 over here is the legacy 4pot petrol. It's the only engine in the range that isn't MHEV.

oops, I mistyped. Of course the P360 is the largest offering here, not the P300.

will the P400e have the battery hump in the Defender?
  • Roli
    Switzerland 

I am in the same boat as u are Windy Miller but couldn't care less.
    Maybe you can get a Disco with the D350 engine but the D300 should be plenty quick enough.
    Have purchased a 2020 Landmark with the 3.0 litre engine back in July and ordered an R-Design D300 in December for a mid-April delivery.
    Dealer was helpful in giving me a big discount and a very good price for my trade-in. Will lose about 10k which is acceptable.
    As for the 2022 MY I just don't expect any significant changes/improvements, on the contrary. Things like speed limiter and who knows what else to be avoided, so heads up.

Roland
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    As for the 2022 MY I just don't expect any significant changes/improvements, on the contrary. Things like speed limiter and who knows what else to be avoided, so heads up.

just an FYI my dealer here in CA today said they will start accepting 2022 orders first week of March. hopefully that means we'll know soon if anything changed.

Man, MY21 is really an abbreviated year. wonder what the total number of units built in the end will be.
  • Ecosse
    United Kingdom 

According to an article on Autotrader -https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/news/mandatory-speed-limiters-on-uk-cars-from-2022 - as well as the speed limiter, the regulations also include other compulsory safety equipment such as autonomous emergency braking, data loggers (black box technology), emergency stop signal, driver fatigue detection system, lane keep assist, built-in breathalysers which won’t let you start the car if you fail, and reversing sensors or cameras!
  • straightlinemike
    United Kingdom 

Oxford dealership tell me they were informed yesterday that MY22 will launch on 25 February, and my recently placed order (in holding group / no build date given) is highly likely to be MY22. They are not expecting spec changes.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum