Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Welcome Mike - great info. I'll use it to chase my dealer, again, for an update.

What have you ordered? Smile

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • straightlinemike
    United Kingdom 

D300 R-Dynamic HSE in Carpathian Grey with towing and family packs, twin transfer box and a couple other bits and pieces. This is a move back to Disco for me, currently have FFRR, but had a couple of Disco 4's from new previously.
  • Roli
    Switzerland 

Windy Miller wrote:
    Welcome Mike - great info. I'll use it to chase my dealer, again, for an update.

What have you ordered? Smile

Do you think you can change your order for a MY22?
  • straightlinemike
    United Kingdom 

Hi Roli, as my order is sitting in a holding pen, no build date as yet then yes I've asked dealer to hold for MY22. I don't know what the answer would be if I already had committed dates for build and delivery from LR.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I am just about to put an order in, speaking to the dealer tomorrow. Already been told delivery would be May. Would I be right to ask for a MY22 car?

Discovery 5 HSE Dynamic D300
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

BigCol66, can I ask the reason for changing the car so soon, as I thought you only got a new car last year, or you having issues with it? Or you simply changing for the new engines?

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I bought a MY19 last year. Had an issue with the windscreen leaking. I decided to.sell it to my brother as I haven't used it much due to lockdown etc. I also run a car anyway. I really did want a new one with the new engine etc. Spoke to the dealer today who is offering me a test drive as soon as the lockdown is over,which is most likely going to be another 3 weeks. ☹️

Discovery 5 HSE Dynamic D300
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

UK dealers were given confirmation in the last hour...

Phew! Very Happy Laughing

• eelpout
    United States 

Wendy Miller wrote:
    UK dealers were given confirmation in the last hour...

Phew!

well, I hope that's not entirely true over here, still hoping for more power plant options. Sad
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Great news everyone! Smile

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • Roli
    Switzerland 

Thumbs Up
    absolutely, would have felt really cheated
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Some big changes on the MY22 Defender line-up over MY21, including; base price increases, option price increases, optional equipment now standard, new options (i.e. large Pivi Pro screen from Disco), new engines (V8!), so I think we got off very lightly! Shocked

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Last night LR re-uploaded their Nov 21 launch 'walkaround' video, to their Youtube channel, but they have retitled it as MY22. As far as I can see the content is exactly the same:

&t=46s

Smile

• adds58
    United Kingdom 

I had this from landrover (was asking if a phev might be on the cards):

Quote:
    I’m afraid there have been no changes to the range line up, options or pricing for the Discovery 22 model year.

We are sticking with the same details as the 21MY which saw the introduction of the powerful six cylinder ingenious petrol and diesel MHEV engines and an advanced Pivi Pro Infotainment system.

I wouldn’t expect to see any changes now until a 22.5 refresh or 23MY but we don’t have any dates of when they would be due unfortunately.

• eelpout
    United States 

Quote:

I wouldn’t expect to see any changes now until a 22.5 refresh or 23MY but we don’t have any dates of when they would be due unfortunately.

when have .5 year refreshes typically been, early fall?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum