Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• scotty
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 SE Indus Silver

wind deflectors

hi folks, any of you guys have wind deflectors on all 4 windows, had a search about but not much coming up.
    ive had quite a few set of heko ones for cars and vans in the past, but can't seem to find them for disco 5.
    They really are a must when you have dogs, imo
    cheers
    scotty
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Mine has small ones. I will send a photo tomorrow.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I have 4 on mine, As you say, handy if you have dogs, there are downsides though, first they do induce wind noise and secondly they significantly increase the loss of vision at A pillar.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Fronts are full size unlike the LR ones which only go half way down the A pillar. Cant say I have even noticed any increase in wind noise, let alone obstructing the A pillar. Easy fit, 5 mins per deflector after washing and drying the area and using using an alcohol wipe. 1 minute blast with the hair dryer to make the 3M tape more tacky and stuck solid. Excellent laser like fit and quality. Looks like it's actually part of the car, unlike the generic ones you can get in Halfords. Went for the pure black, as not a fan of the LR light smoked ones. Find they are good on a family day out, when we are all having hot food in the car as saves the windows steaming up.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Which ones are they

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • scotty
    United Kingdom 

i was trying to find the ones that go into the window channel, those look good on your , but my disco is silver, the stick on ones would stick out like a sore thumb i think

cheers
    scotty
  • scotty
    United Kingdom 

just notice that its black around the doors and windows.

where did you get them from as they would do me fine

cheers scotty
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

The ones in the photos are original LR one I think because I have exactly the same ones on my D5, and it came like that from the dealer as a new vehicle.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Russell wrote:
    Which ones are they

Russell/Scotty, they are by a company called Bragan. Cost £60 odd from ebay. I had them sitting about 6 months, as I forget to put them on. Window channel ones am not a fan of tbh. Always had the stick on ones.

Really nice fit and not too bulky/bulbous looking.

Nebc100, no they are definately not original LR ones, as their fronts only go half way down the A pillar, which to me dont look right, and sort of defeats the purpose. Plus you can see the logo on the deflector, and the LR ones are more expensive. I will take close ups once the car is back next week.

I think the half cut design will probably cause more wind whistling noise, but probably designed so as not to obstruct the A pillar. No noise from them as they are quite flush fitting.

I have EGR ones which I got shipped from Australia, along with a bonnet guard for my Subaru STI, which are more wider looking but again are very very good. I tried EGR but they said nothing for the D5. I also had EGR on the D4 as well. Excellent products Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum