Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Farmerben wrote:
    LR Assist came out and the chap said 99.9% positive it was windscreen and it wasn’t the first he’d seen. He said usual course of action was Autoglass would come and refit or replace screen. I said I wasn’t happy with that happening on the farmyard, especially with the wind/dust so called the dealer to say I wanted it done there in a workshop. I also sent an email detailing the course of events and that with it only being just over 2 weeks old when the issue arose, if the fix wasn’t done to a satisfactory standard and if it doesn’t sort the problem, I would be rejecting the car. I also stated I need a courtesy vehicle with a similar carrying and towing capacity to use until the problem has been resolved.
    Service department so far have been fantastic.

I can't believe that LR have not sorted this issue for the MY 21. They have had plenty of time to improve the fitting of the screen. One of the reasons I have ordered a new model was that I expected LR to improve the build quality. .😂

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

Yeah, if I’m honest I don’t have the time or energy to waste on fighting or complaining. As long as the repair is perfect I’ll be happy. If it continues to leak, they’ve used their one life and back it goes.
  • Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

"I'm sorry, sir, the RRS we reserved for you as a replacement while your brand new car is being fixed has a fault so we have had to put you in a Disco Sport instead"

Rolling Eyes
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

And you believed it when they told you a RRS? Rolling with laughter Away can’t say too much, I’ve been caught out on that one too. Never seems to work up the way!
  • Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing Banging Head
  • mwsedgwick

Same issue for me today

Likewise MY21 model 4 weeks old.

Slightly odd because I've washed it numerous times without it leaking.

Same response from LR customer service.

Will keep you posted.
  • Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

Interesting. As it's been fairly dry in the UK since the facelift launched will be interesting to see how many are affected. They tried for ages to replicate it with a hose pipe but finally managed. You'd think by now they'd know how to fit a windscreen.

Have they offered you anything as goodwill?
  • mwsedgwick

I've not asked for any goodwill yet.

Will wait until I speak to them properly tomorrow.

Have you been offered anything?
  • Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

A couple of nights away or meal out up to the value of £500.

To be honest would rather accessories or a month or two of finance payments. I'm too busy to go away anywhere this time of year anyway.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Then ask them, they can only say no.

At one time in similar circumstances, I was offered a meal out as well, I took great delight in telling them to shove it up their a Censored e.
  • Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

I intend to but I’m not keen on starting negotiations until the problem is sorted.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up
  • teaman
    United Kingdom 

My 04/2019 windscreen leaked a couple of months ago like this. New windscreen under warranty fixed it, was fine after until a stone chipped it a few weeks later.

Poor windscreen seals / fitting is a known issue apparently at the factory.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

As a matter if interest, I checked with LR extended warranty this afternoon. They DONT cover water coming into the vehicle from leaking windscreens or what ever cause. So f you’re out with the three year warranty, it’s goodwill or your on you own.
  • Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

Just a little update:

Still awaiting windscreen at the dealers but kept banging on enough about the Disco Sport they put me in so now got a 20 plate RRS HSE to use until it's ready. Quite happy putting miles on that instead of mine for as long as they like.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum