Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

Raining on the inside.

Rained properly for the first time today since picking up the brand spanking new D5. Nice to see LR maintaining their tradition of…. Leaking roof.

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

That's not good. Is it the roof or the windscreen? Have LR assist been out to you?

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

Can’t tell if it’s front of the sunroof or top of the windscreen. Didn’t call assist as it was parked at home but will call the dealer when they open this morning.

Less than 30 days in and I’m tempted to ask them to replace the whole car but don’t want to be a d*** so will give them a chance to sort it.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Personally, I’d give them no chance to repair. Under the Consumer Right Act 2015, there is no option under the 30 day rule to have the vehicle replaced, just your money. That option only exists under the 30 day to 6 month rule.

Once you inform them of the fault, wait until they can get it in and attempt to repair it, then the clock is stopped in relation to rejecting the vehicle.

I gave the LR main dealership 3 attempts in 6 months to put things right before rejecting it. They then tried to say I was out of the 30 day period to reject and get all my money back, they tried to charge me £3k for usage IF they decided to take the vehicle back under the 30 day to 6 month rule - fCensoredg cheek when you think about it.

Anyway, wrong, when you totted up days waiting and in the garage, It was only 20 days. Took a competent Solicitor over their incompetent one - all in my opinion of course - to change their mind.

Some LR dealerships are no better than a dodgy backstreet garage despite all the hype, flash suits and coffee machines.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Talk to the dealer Head of CS and have a conversation about how they will proceed if rejecting. There is the law, and then how the game gets played. There are two more deals (chunks of profit) in this for the dealer - your rejected car as an AUC and your new order.

I rejected under the 30 day - six month rule. At around 5 months old. Ending up running my (now repaired) car up to 12 months old and a good deal on a new one.

I netted out at £3k cost for the 12 months, but £2k lower GFV on the new one (I will pay the GFV), no need to service or tax the old one, tyre wear for free - my man maths made it that I ran a brand new Discovery for a year for free.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Leo disco
    United Kingdom 

That is bad for a 2021 car. I thought the leaking windscreen issues were all 2017 cars and now resolved.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Great if you get a compliant dealer, but there’s plenty about that aren’t.

I even spoke with LRs Executive Director of Customer Relations. Absolutely zilch help. She wanted me to get round the table with the dealership, exchange perspectives, hug it out and to reconcile with them. WTF?! She must have been on the board of “Relate” previously. Why on earth should I even go near a dealership that was obstructive, awkward and rude to the degree I had to employ a Solicitor?

I’ve heard of good rejections that were actually assisted by a dealership, but there again I’ve heard of Unicorns too, just never seen one. All I’d say is not in my lifetime. Moral of the story, play it by the consumer laws from day 1, no quarter asked for or given and you won’t be disappointed.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Not disagreeing Darras. The initial conversation with the dealership was from me asking what would happen upon invoking my rights. I.e. I made it clear that I knew I could walk.

That said, they completely played ball and by the end of the conversation I had moved in my head from “should I reject?” to “it would be financial insanity not to reject”.

They were so helpful that I then thought about it and saw it from their angle - three sales where once there was one. Given that, I’m surprised that your dealer was so reluctant, but perhaps there is a quota of this stuff that LR will let you have in any one period.

To illustrate the dealer incentive, my rejected car booked on the paperwork at £47k. It was on the forecourt for £53k, very cheap versus its peers, and gone in less than a fortnight.

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Opposite ends of the spectrum. It was good it worked out for you and I can see the reasoning.

My experience was the opposite, I don’t know why they took the stance they did. I was very accommodating and reasonable up to the point where it was obvious I was getting shafted. You shouldn’t have faults on a new car from day one that you’ve allowed them to correct three times and six months down the line the faults still remain. It just made me very wary of dealers and their Bull Censored
  • Whippetman
    England 

Darras wrote:
    Personally, I’d give them no chance to repair. Under the Consumer Right Act 2015, there is no option under the 30 day rule to have the vehicle replaced, just your money. That option only exists under the 30 day to 6 month rule.

Once you inform them of the fault, wait until they can get it in and attempt to repair it, then the clock is stopped in relation to rejecting the vehicle.

I gave the LR main dealership 3 attempts in 6 months to put things right before rejecting it. They then tried to say I was out of the 30 day period to reject and get all my money back, they tried to charge me £3k for usage IF they decided to take the vehicle back under the 30 day to 6 month rule - fCensoredg cheek when you think about it.

Anyway, wrong, when you totted up days waiting and in the garage, It was only 20 days. Took a competent Solicitor over their incompetent one - all in my opinion of course - to change their mind

Exactly as should be as stated.above.
    Do not give them one inch to .wriggle out of their obligations.

Some LR dealerships are no better than a dodgy backstreet garage despite all the hype, flash suits and coffee machines.

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Whippetman
    England 

Darras wrote:

Anyway, wrong, when you totted up days waiting and in the garage, It was only 20 days. Took a competent Solicitor over their incompetent one - all in my opinion of course - to change their mind

Exactly as should be as stated.above.
    Do not give them one inch to .wriggle out of their obligations.

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Farmerben wrote:
    Can’t tell if it’s front of the sunroof or top of the windscreen. Didn’t call assist as it was parked at home but will call the dealer when they open this morning.

Less than 30 days in and I’m tempted to ask them to replace the whole car but don’t want to be a d*** so will give them a chance to sort it.

Please let us know how you get on with having it sorted.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

LR Assist came out and the chap said 99.9% positive it was windscreen and it wasn’t the first he’d seen. He said usual course of action was Autoglass would come and refit or replace screen. I said I wasn’t happy with that happening on the farmyard, especially with the wind/dust so called the dealer to say I wanted it done there in a workshop. I also sent an email detailing the course of events and that with it only being just over 2 weeks old when the issue arose, if the fix wasn’t done to a satisfactory standard and if it doesn’t sort the problem, I would be rejecting the car. I also stated I need a courtesy vehicle with a similar carrying and towing capacity to use until the problem has been resolved.
    Service department so far have been fantastic.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Good luck! For what it’s worth, I had a new windscreen fitted under insurance two months ago. A chip turned into a two foot crack in days.

Auto windscreens fitted the replacement and the technician said that they did the warranty Discos locally. It was done in their workshops.

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Reflecting a bit more on the thread. Given the likelihood of either this build problem occurring or a natural breakage, this is one I’d probably not reject for.

As long as the interior only took a few drips.

Unless there was a financial incentive for doing so, like running the old car for free whilst a new one was built.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum