Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• orbtar
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Towing mirrors

Does anyone know if I can buy genuine Land Rover extended mirrors to fit my D5? I have a big Brian James trailer and the ones the trailer centre gave me are useless. I would much rather pay a premium and get the exact fit than try to bodge something that isn't quite right.
  • orbtar
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I’ll take that as a no to my question. Can anyone recommend some which aren’t genuine LR but good quality?
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I've got Milenco Grand Aero 3's with the LandRover specific pads, the view is OK, but the clamps with the LR pads are a poor fit on the mirror housings and they can vibrate a bit making vision blurred. Milenco released their Platinum range beginning of this year with supposedly better clamps and thicker arms, but there doesn't seem to be any real world reviews yet. If they are good, might consider changing to them, but as they are £90+ waiting for someone else to try first.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

With the Milenco ones get an old bike inner tube and cut a small section out, put this over the fixed thin part of the clap, the bit the clamp pushes against, then put the mirror on as normal
    The inner tube adds friction and the mirror sits far more securely

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Milenco have relaunched their Aero range as aero platinum. They have bigger pads that are curved to better fit newer shape mirrors like Discover 5 and Range Rover models and thicker arms to reduce vibration (so they say)

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum