Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I have pre facelift natural charcoal oak and it’s completely Matt/open pore I think.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Ah thanks for the info, it looks really glossy on the Land Rover images but honestly hard to fully know as don't think they show it all that well to be honest. Sure that'll be fine though.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

I had loaners with the other oak and I think the finish was the same - hopefully it will be good for you đź‘Ť

Did have a hunt through the pics on my phone but I don’t have any that show the wood clearly.

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Yeah, thanks. I’m not too worried about that, I only picked the other one as it didn’t look glossy but if this one isn’t then that’s good. Their configuration site is bad when it comes to showing this stuff clearly.

As a question. Seeing as it doesn’t have the diesel heater, what’s the fuel usage like from starting the engine? I imagine if you used this a lot over 3 - 4 years you’d pay the cost of the diesel heater in additional diesel but don’t know that for sure. Don’t have an answer yet on if they can retro fit one in later.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Booked collection of my M760Li for next Friday. Been a great car, thought I’d stick a few pictures of that one if anyone is interested.

Night pictures are in my favourite strip club purple Laughing

• Whippetman
    England 

Fabulous toy Bow down Bow down Bow down

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Thanks. Thumbs Up
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

That’s very nice FastlaneJB. My daughter loved the purple lighting in the X7 we borrowed.

Is that Tanzanite with oyster? Lovely combo whatever.

On the fuel usage in heating the car, the SDV6 is pretty fuel hungry in the mainly urban use that I give it, so I don’t really notice the impact either way. I do start it remotely routinely when it’s cold and my mpg stays in the low 20s regardless. Not sure it’s great for an engine to idle from cold regularly, but probably not a concern for the average ownership period.

What does annoy me on mine is that I get in with the engine running, the car says “depress brake to select gear” and then the whole lot shuts down when I do. So another start required, irritatingly.

• FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

It’s San Marino Blue on the BMW. Obviously, you can normally only get a 7 series in greys and blacks because of its executive type status so this is off the Individual colour list.

Yeah probably not as good for the engine to start it and let it idle for long periods but not much to do about that I guess. I only need the engine to last during my ownership and then it's someone else's problem of course.

Does it take long to heat the car up using the engine? Not sure on the newer Land Rover designed engines but historically wasn't part of the point of the diesel heater than the Diesel engines themselves took an age to get up to temp? They used to fit the diesel heaters as standard just because of this though.
  • Craigp
    England 

I thought the diesel heaters were more about getting the engine up to operating temperature quicker rather than cabin temp and didn't they start putting electric heaters in. Which obviously would require the engine running to operate. Or am I getting confused.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

I think they do both Craigp. For instance with one fitted you should be able to go into the menu inside the car and turn it on for 30 minutes when your parked to heat the cabin up also. I figure that will be useful when the misses says she's just going to the shops to buy "one" thing to stop me and the kids from freezing to death in the winter as that one thing will take many hours Smile

Well of course can turn the engine on but that's more frowned upon as keeping an engine idling or well illegal on public roads. Though the newer engines are really quiet at idle so less likely people will know it's running.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Get a big driveway and a house in the middle of the country, then no one cares! Thumbs Up
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

That’s the plan for the next and hopefully final house move. This one was driven by schools and commutability to work for the wife mainly. Once last kid is out of school and both of us hopefully have jobs that don’t need to go to an office mostly or it’s rare we can likely move more remote. Probably up into the grim glorious north Very Happy
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

OK should be picking this up Friday if possible though depends when they pick up my M760Li if that works.

Diesel heater retro fit isn’t looking likely as the company that makes them won’t sell them for Disco 5’s to anyone other than Land Rover. You need to have a VIN where it went in at factory-build time. Disco 4 and earlier no problems. They’ve raised a case on it as technically it was ordered to have this but won’t hold out much hope. Just have to use the app and turn the engine on instead I guess.
  • Ade
    United Kingdom 

Your so lucky to get delivery having placed order in June

Latest on mine is that its due to go to build on 10th December and that's me ordered on 245th March. I don't think I'll see mine this year Big Cry
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum