Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Keith
    United Kingdom 
    2021 Discovery Td6 SE Santorini Black

Reading from SIM….

Hello
    I’ve got this message constantly showing in the connectivity section of settings, now I now it must have connected at some point as I’ve had a software update.
    I have messaged LR, and there response was to drive to an area with better reception… never said what to do once I got there, but that’s does not help.
    Any fellow MY21 owners having similar issues??

Keith

Last edited by Keith on 14th Jul 2021 6:25 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

First, to be able to reply, its handy to know your car year of built, trimlevel, engine type etc.
    Please add this in your profile for future references too.

Then, what is the present version of the infotainment and connectivity software.

Go to settings (symbol is two intermeshing gears) : general settings sotfware. Try to update the infotainment. It gives the present version and if there is an update available. Scroll down and try to update the connectivity software.

My car is a 2017 march built. It has only 3G capability. Now the 4G is succeeded by 5G, many providers drop 3G, resulting in only 2G networks remaining available, which are far & wide, mostly in cities only.

Check the top right corner : it says "G" with a slash (not available), two/three blinking points (searching for a network), or 3G / 4G.

It can depend on the provider you use for your datasim also. I have problems in Fr/DE/IT/CH/AU as the link between my datasim and the netwerk references are not updated. Debating this with provider at present.

RR P400e hybrid Autobiography 2019 & MX-30 BEV
    D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • Keith
    United Kingdom 

Hi 2B
    My vehcile is a MY21 D300 R-Dyn SE, im not able to add this to my profile, as this varient is not yet listed.
    Present versiopn of infomat is the Pivi Pro 11.4" Screen, so the lattest offering from LR.
    No abilkity to update in the settings menu, lattest SW version is OS 2.0.8a. installe 02 July 2021
    Car has 4G sim

hopr the above helps?

keith
    D5 R-Dynam SE D300 MY21
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

Thanks Keith, nice car !

But its beyond me as I know nada about PIVI Pro.

You'll have a problem to find anyone beyond JLR.

You are bound to be the first experience expert.. Whistle

D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • Keith
    United Kingdom 

2B
    Great car also, did acutaly try and locate an Ex Demo with the 3.0 V6 Engine, but more chance of finding a Unicorn in the woods that surround my house.

JLR are trying (very), but the issue aint resolved.

Take Care

keith

keith
    D5 R-Dynam SE D300 MY21, 21" Wheels, Sant Black, and a reasonable selection of toys.
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

Hmm. I hope you are luckier then I am.

Enjoy the car as far as it works, and update this post please, for other forum members.

• B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I had this message on my March 20 HSE Lux - I removed the SIM, gently cleaned the contacts and then replaced it - that fixed it for me. An alternative would be to try the SIM in a suitable mobile telephone, as it is a possibility that the SIM is trying to contact the carrier and having a problem,
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Sorry, but I am thinking about the Ubigi SIM, not the built-in LR SIM.
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

Interesting you talk about the Ubigi sim !

I have a provider www,keepgo.com that has worldwide contract with providers,
    just like the Ubigi sim.

Turns out you need to set in the connectivity menu, provider on MANUAL .

Then enter the APN of the provider. Roaming ON , limit OFF.. .. it works.

So I suggest you enter in the provider field " mbb " . Then "connect" on the bottom of that page,

thats what I do in Incontrol... ...works in my D5 and F-Type..

reference : https://cellulardata.ubigi.com/help-center...for-ubigi/

• teaman
    United Kingdom 

I know the SIM card slot on mine is very picky on how the card is pushed in. Having changed the SIM in the past, I had the same issue until I cleaned and carefully / rammed it back in.

Although I don’t use the Ubi SIM, I bought an EE data SIM. Signal is much better and I can share data from my phone contract, which is especially useful as I eat through data on long trips (Apple TV streaming films).
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum