Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

MY21 activity key

can anyone confirm if the activity can be dealer fitted on MY21 forward vehicles or has anyone had it done please.
    thanks

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Am
    currently been told the activity key is no longer dealer fit!!

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Couldn’t say, but I’d heard something like that in the recent past.
  • Jamieklb
    Scotland 
    2022 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I ordered the Activity Key with my D300 but there was no sign of it when I collected the car. A new key and module are now on back order and I've been assured that the dealer can fit it when it eventually arrives. No idea when that is likely to be but hopefully before the summer ends.
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    I ordered the Activity Key with my D300 but there was no sign of it when I collected the car. A new key and module are now on back order and I've been assured that the dealer can fit it when it eventually arrives. No idea when that is likely to be but hopefully before the summer ends.

With my MY22 order, when I collected the car, I was told (via a piece of paper I had to sign) to expect the new activity key no earlier than 4th quarter. Chip shortage ya know.

No idea if it's retro-fittable or not, though I would think the support would already be on-board in the Pivi Pro/EVA 2.0 system. It could be they are telling people it's not, simply because there aren't enough parts out there to build more than already on-order.
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

How long does the battery last on the new style activity key? If the battery goes flat are you locked out...
    The functionality of using the new style one like another key sounds good, but I'm thinking the old passive one might be more robust for a week long camping trip or similar..
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    How long does the battery last on the new style activity key?

I think JLR says up to 10 days. Haven't seen any customer reports yet though myself (including on Jag forums).
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

discus wrote:
    How long does the battery last on the new style activity key?

Collected the car June 15th and charged the key 2 times until now. And it's at currently at 86%.
    So 10 days is a very careful estimation.

Greets,
    Hauser

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    Collected the car June 15th and charged the key 2 times until now. And it's at currently at 86%.
    So 10 days is a very careful estimation.
    Smile

So you got one of the new style keys? Lucky you, I was told not to expect mine until like Sep-Oct (picked up my MY22 first week of July). How is it?
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Yeah, I ordered Decemver 23rd 2020 and was one of the last who got one. Smile

I like the new key. But it's less usefull than I thought. I thought I could at least check if the car is locked and maybe open the windows or the sunroof. But it is just a key (open/close/tailgate/alarm) with a display that shows the time. Works perfectly fine though, no issues and battery lifetime is very good too. Never used the "real" keys.

Greets,
    Hauser

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • Pengranger
    England 

I have a MY21 R-Dynamic HSE and was informed that it should come with the components for pairing the Activity Key v2 as standard. I’ve got an Activity Key v2 and want to pair it, however the dealer says the VIN was never spec’d for the Activity Key. They have tried to pair it but without success. Any ideas? Thanks.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Just been informed by my dealer that my car is soecced for activity key already so watch part now in order abs they will try to pair it
    Will let you know what happens
  • Jamieklb
    Scotland 

My activity key arrived at the dealer last week and was successfully paired to my vehicle in a couple of hours. The dealer even gave me a tank of fuel for the inconvenience of having to make a 200 mile round trip to get it done.
    I use it more than the regular key now as it's so handy to have it on my wrist.
  • Pengranger
    England 

Do you know if the MY21 D5 comes as standard spec’d with Activity Key v2 functionality, or whether this needs to be added? If not ordered with the Activity Key v2 from the factory, are any additional parts required apart from the “watch”? Thanks.
  • Jamieklb
    Scotland 

There is a different KVM locking module for the activity key. The regular one only allows two keys to be paired to the vehicle but the one for the activity key allows three keys, the third one being the activity key itself. That's my understanding of it anyway.
    It's explained in this video from Powerful UK.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum