Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

locked or unlocked?

In control updates and says car unlocked and alarm not set, but mirrors are folded and car is locked.
    So, unlocked car, re-locked and set alarm and now incontrol reflects this.
    question... If InControl says car is locked and alarmed and I can't physically see the car do I believe it???

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Make sure you refresh the app. Sometimes it is not up to date, and by refreshing it connects to the car to get latest status
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Re: locked or unlocked?

harrythespider wrote:
    In control updates and says car unlocked and alarm not set, but mirrors are folded and car is locked.
    So, unlocked car, re-locked and set alarm and now incontrol reflects this.
    question... If InControl says car is locked and alarmed and I can't physically see the car do I believe it???

I’ve been having a similar problem…today it was the boot open, despite me sat looking at the car locked with mirrors folded. I checked to see which version of the app I had and it was out of date. Sadly my old iPhone doesn’t have the latest iOS to download the latest app. (Not buying a new phone till I have to, as I like my oldie)

But returning to the menu without actually doing anything the glitch had cleared.

It’s been my experience that it had never said it was locked when it was unlocked. All the glitches have suggested something was open or unlocked, when it wasn’t. If that’s any consolation?
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

My experience is similar to Wolfpack’s. False negatives never false positives.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Maybe I wasn't very clear.

The issue is not that the APP needs a newer VERSION, but that the information that the app is showing isn't always showing the up-to-date information.

I don't know on an crApple phone, but on an Android devices, you can force a sync with the vehicle by pulling the screen down towards the bottom. If you do this a couple of times, it updates the information.

Mine often needs to be re-synced and then shows the correct information.

I hope that this is clearer.
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

Yes, that is the way it works on iPhone too for a forced resync. Pull the screen down and release.

At the top of the screen it tells you when the status it is showing is from. I.e.1 hour ago, 2 days ago or just now. As long as mine says just now, it is always spot on with status.

Jon

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum