Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• djbcatlett
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Yulong White

FBH and Remote

I am hoping someone may be able to offer me some advice with my D5.

I have a 2017 Si6 HSE Lux and the build sheet I was given does list an FBH w/remote and Timed Climate is available on the InCar system but the FBH Remote was missing when I bought the car. I bought a remote off of eBay with the hope of programming it but don't seem to be having much luck. I have followed the tips that I've found on the forum and on the Webasto site with removing Fuse #27 and then pressing the 'off' button on the remote a couple of second after reinstalling the fuse. When I press the 'on' button on the remote, the green LED flashes several times but there is no response from the car. Is anyone able to offer any advice please?

Many thanks,
    David

Last edited by djbcatlett on 6th Nov 2021 5:47 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Slug
    United Kingdom 

Does the timed climate work if you program it from the Incontrol screen?
  • djbcatlett
    United Kingdom 

I have just setup the timed system to run later this evening.

I am also wondering if I have the correct remote as it is a different shape to the image in the owners manual. It's smaller and more rounded.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Have a look at https://1drv.ms/b/s!AqcKlSMuZmZgtxUyEE6ldlbvSySV?e=T5Ebg3 particularly page 25.

Quote:
    Fuel Fired Booster Heater Remote Control Pairing
    NOTE: For successful pairing the vehicle must be in Power Mode 6 (ignition ON).
    Each FFBH remote control must be 'paired' to the FFBH receiver to enable communications. Each remote control has a unique identification number which is stored by the receiver. The receiver can store up to 4 remote control identification numbers. If a fifth remote control is paired to the receiver, the receiver rewrites the first paired remote control number.

Pair a remote control to the vehicle, as follows:

1 Remove fuse F27 (5A) from the Passenger Junction Box (PJB).
    2 Wait for a minimum of 5 seconds.
    3 Replace F27 (5A) in the PJB then, within 5 seconds, press and hold the remote control OFF switch.
    4 A successful pairing is indicated by the remote control Light Emitting Diode (LED) illuminating red for 2 seconds

The remote should look like this:

Click image to enlarge

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • djbcatlett
    United Kingdom 

Thank you.....my remote does look like that one.

I also note that your instructions are the first where I have noticed that the ignition has to be turned on and so I will give that a try in the morning.

Many thanks!
  • djbcatlett
    United Kingdom 

So I have tried programming the remote with the ignition on and I get the little red light on the remote flashing quickly for a couple of seconds, which seems to indicate that it hasn’t worked.

I also set the timed climate to preheat the car for 5pm today. The incontrol system confirmed it was set with a little scheduling symbol at the top left of the display. I checked on the car a few minutes before 5pm and it was silent. Got in the car at 5pm and the engine and cabin were cold with an outside temperature of 10C.

I am now beginning to wonder if the system is working at all. I am pretty sure I can see a FBH at the back left of the engine bay, in front of the brake servo and I have double checked the build sheet that I was given by LandRover. It lists FUEL OPERATED HEATER, PARK HEATING W/REMOTE CONTROL but also has LESS ENGINE BLOCK HEATER. The car is only just back from 6 weeks with JLR for an engine fault and so I would have assumed that they would have checked for other faults in the control units.

Any help, much appreciated!
  • Whippetman
    England 

6 WEEKS!

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 

When setting the timer, you set your planned departure time. The heater should start about half an hour before the set time but might only run for 20 minutes depending on temperature. If you set 5pm, you need to check at 4.30 to see if it starts.

It won't start if your battery voltage is low, fuel is low, temperature is warm or if it has already run since the last time the engine was started.

It can be manually started from the touch screen. Without the engine running, turn the screen on and press the ventilation button below the screen and you should get heat now button on the screen.

• djbcatlett
    United Kingdom 

I tested the FBH with the Heat Now function and it worked and so I have set the Timed Climate for the morning and will see how that goes. Thanks for your help!
  • djbcatlett
    United Kingdom 

Morning,
    I set the Time Climate to start this morning and there was no sign of it starting up. So the Heat Now works but Time Climate and Remote Heat don't seem to. Is there anything else I can try before booking it in with JLR?
    Many thanks...
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 

Did you run the engine after the successful test from there heat now button?

The system will only work once between engine starts.

• djbcatlett
    United Kingdom 

Hi, yes I did run the engine after I used the Heat Now function. I managed to get the systems to started on Timed Climate this afternoon. Initially there was lots of popping / backfiring sounds and then it smoothed out and ran ok. It all seems very hit and miss along with the inability to get the remote fob to work and so not really sure what to do next other than to book it in with JLR. So annoying as it has been in with them for 3 of the last 6 months already! I've set it for another 8am departure tomorrow morning so I'll go out at 7.30 and see what is going on.
  • Whippetman
    England 

“with them for 3 of the last 6 months already”

Unbelievable

I gave up well before that after my fifth LR

Congratulations on your faith!

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum