Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

OTA update was downloaded yesterday , nothing in the info suggested an update to enable wireless Apple Car Play .
    Tried the delete and repair phone but nothing changed , I have noticed that the stop start disable only works occasionally despite being correctly selected after this software download .

2021 D250 S Eiger Grey HSW Privacy Hi/Low Ratio
  • drwhopilot
    United Kingdom 

Strange

Can you check you are now on version 3.0?

When I upgraded to 3.0 IIRC there were a couple of screens of release notes referring to the wireless upgrade and changes to screen layout for Apple car play
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Not got access to car at the moment but it wasn’t V3 , I think it said V2 something .
    Going off what you say mines yet to come .

• eelpout
    United States 

Received mine yesterday; and they make it very obvious in the version update notes what this release is about. Seems to work great when I tried it with Android Auto..

The only weirdness is if you use a phone for navigation (and start a route), it looks you are locked out of the in-car navigation. The only way to get it back, even after navigation is done on the phone, is to stop AA altogether (which can be done through phone settings in Pivi Pro). I'll have to check to see if the behavior is the same for CarPlay.

Naturally, when running navigation on the phone via Bluetooth rather than tethered, expect your battery to take a hit, mine certainly did when trying this out. Smile
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

It will use whichever navigation system you last used for a route again next time. To change back to the Pivi navigation, tap the little 4 squares to show all the app icons and tap the navigation icon to open Pivi navigation then start a route. It will then default to Pivi navigation next time again.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • eelpout
    United States 

pretty sure I did exactly that and it just brought me back to Android Audio and the Sygic navigation app. I'll check again though.

Edit: oh, now I know what you are talking about. I'll try that. When the AA/CP navigation is "primary" there is a tiny phone on the main screen nav icon to indicate that it's active.
  • Keith
    United Kingdom 
    2021 Discovery Td6 SE Santorini Black

Excited

So...
    got all excited on Friday as a new update was about to be downloaded and installed....

waited for a while and went to check outage hype.....

Version 2.1.7 installed.....

Disappointed....

keith
    D5 R-Dynam SE D300 MY21, 21" Wheels, Sant Black, and a reasonable selection of toys.
  • 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Latest version downloaded whilst out today and on return to car after deleting/pairing phone it automatically allowed wireless car play .

• 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Noticed the Weather App has disappeared from the Tile layout since the update and appears no longer available Sad

• Keith
    United Kingdom 
    2021 Discovery Td6 SE Santorini Black

Its Happening....

So
    This AM when going to pic up the click and collect from M.... when I turned iff the D5, the notification popped upswing that Pivi Pro 3.0 was about to be installed...

Yip-peeeee....

keith
    D5 R-Dynam SE D300 MY21, 21" Wheels, Sant Black, and a reasonable selection of toys.
  • mwsedgwick

Noticed the new Range Rover has Alexi built into Pivi pro and by the looks of it a few other new features.

Be interesting to see if that comes to us in software updates or if it's new hardware.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Can be useful

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum