Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Keith
    United Kingdom 
    2021 Discovery Td6 SE Santorini Black

MY21 - D300 RD SE - Leek

So...
    I'm gutted.... after a few days of heavy rain, and driving through some large puddles (slowly I would add), the passenger footwell is soaked, as you push the carpet the water squelches put of it.
    Any one else had this issue?

keith
    D5 R-Dynam SE D300 MY21, 21" Wheels, Sant Black, and a reasonable selection of toys.
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

Sympathies.

Sounds terribly like a recurrence of the windscreen sealing issues that many others on here have reported.

I recall someone posting picture of their screen seal when the glass was replaced. There were gaps in the sealant. Try searching for windscreen leak.

Hope you get it sorted and it dries out well.

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

If LR can’t get something so basic right, it doesn’t hold up much hope for the rest of the car!
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Re: MY21 - D300 RD SE - Leek

Keith wrote:
    So...
    I'm gutted.... after a few days of heavy rain, and driving through some large puddles (slowly I would add), the passenger footwell is soaked, as you push the carpet the water squelches put of it.
    Any one else had this issue?

Check behind the sun visor for water in the mirror recess and wet roof trim above it.

I have posted elsewhere on the site my recent experience with leaking windscreen.

LR dealers arranged to have National windscreens come to my house to fix…..I wanted to talk to the technicians and see what they found. (Cutting out dealer comms)

In my case the problem was the primer applied to the windscreen was lifting and as a result so was the sealant. The guys said it was a common fault originating during manufacturer and they have been doing “dozens and dozens of all ages”. There are other stories on the internet from around the world with slightly different underlying issues. Of course there’s a lot of heresay online……I saw the primer problem with my own eyes

They successfully removed, stripped and replaced the primer before reseating/ sealing and replacing the same windscreen….. the leak has stopped.

They did advise me beforehand that there was a chance the windscreen could break necessitating a replacement to be arranged…. which is why they normally recommend the car is tackled at the dealers.
    But they were very good and clearly experienced with D5 screens.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum