Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

Checking for updates

I extended my tracker pro sw and when I got in the car a very brief message flashed up about a sw update, but it disappeared off the screen before I had chance to read it fully. I have the download icon showing at the top of the screen, but if I check the sw updates section of the settings menu, it sits there saying “checking for updates” and doesn’t seem to complete.Mobile data is on and connected at 4G. I have even connected to my home Wi-Fi to see if that help if it was a connection issue, but it still doesn’t seem to complete..

Ideas??

Cheers
    Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Try logging out and back in again. I also find that the best way to do updates is via home WIFi when parked in the drive. Never managed to do it on phone.
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Mine came up just as I was setting out recently. It was just a short journey so it did not finish, but the download continued the next time I took the car out and it completed without any problems - all via the 4G network.
  • globalste
    United Kingdom 

where do you extend tracker? I dont even see it in my account anywhere

2017 HSE Dynamic
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • globalste
    United Kingdom 

Thanks although maybe I should have been a bit more specific.

My incontrol account shows:

Pro Services
    Protect
    Remote Premium

All up to date.

2017 HSE Dynamic
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

So finally mine has downloaded something, and message that update will be applied the next time the app is updated (but don’t know how or when this might happen), and I still have the download icon showing at the top left of the Home Screen, even after the car has shut right down and been restarted..

I wish the info and messages were clearer and more informative!!

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I had two updates recently, one for the Live update system which gave the message you mentioned, and then recently the Incontrol Pro update - perhaps you have seen the Live update go through and the download symbol is now showing the InControl Pro update ?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum