Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Yes your both right, I should have rejected the car then perhaps they would have been me a extended warranty. The car was a fabulous car and I do love the new defender, when I retire I might give JLR a second chance. That's in 4 years time which a lot more new cars will be on the market then to choose from, my nephew has just go a BMW lx3 full electric and it's amazing. Smile

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

Darras wrote:
    At the moment they can sell any car coming off the production line,
    so they don’t need to retain customers. That’s the problem.

This originated 2-3 yrs ago. They didn't have that position then.

That they can sell every car getting off the production line now, doesn't mean they
    can neglect their client base.

The group of people able to buy these car is rapidly decreasing, the group who can
    affort even more expensive care is increasing, but that shifts beyond top spec JLR models.

Simply but : they loose market, not even share.

RR P400e hybrid Autobiography 2019 & MX-30 BEV
    D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Maybe not, but in my opinion that’s exactly what they are doing. You even see it in the dealerships.

Since buying my first LR customer service keeps getting worse, so I’d say yes, they are neglecting their existing customer base because there no incentive to keep them.

But if you think differently, no problem, no one holds the copyright on being right all the time.
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

I can only speak from my own experience.

RR P400e hybrid Autobiography 2019 & MX-30 BEV
    D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum