Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Slug
    United Kingdom 

Failed lower rear tailgate.

Hi All
    Does anybody else have any problems with there lower rear tailgate?
    I’ve had a broken near side hinge that was replaced under warranty just before Xmas, and has now broken again.
    Dealer has said that as it’s been replaced before it is not covered by the warranty this time!!!
    It’s not lasted 2 months
    The only thing jumping in the back is my dog (that weights 20kgs)
    It’s going back in on Thursday for them to investigate but just wondering of other users experiences.
    Cheers
    Slug Bow down
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Not had any problems with mine, and I have 3 20Kg dogs that jump in and out regularly.

Also... I don't see why it wouldn't be covered under warranty a second time. Unless the UK is different from Luxembourg, if a part is replaced under warranty, the replacement part is then covered by the existing warranty until the end of said warranty.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

By hinge, is that including the cable?

No real issues with mine, but it became a bit creaky after a dealer visit. Might have been related to the boot prints left in the boot 😂

Your dealer is having a laugh saying it can’t be replaced again. Clearly they didn’t identify the root cause last time, unless the part has a design life of two months.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

I had quite a bit of trouble with my upper and lower tailgate not long after delivery. The upper wasn't aligned properly and rubbed on the plastic trim and refused to close in hot weather. They fixed that then the week I got it back the lower flap started refusing to retract properly. I have 3 dogs at 27kg, 36kg and 71kg (yes 71!) they all jump in and out which the dealer tried to blame for the issue.

I had to escalate it to get it sorted.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

71kg! Is that you, Sir Baskerville? Laughing

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

nope not me i'm a tad heavier than the pooch !

here she is, red circle highlights original tailgate issue with it binding on the trim

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

I knew it was the pooch, it was a badly worded hound of the baskervilles joke!

Lovely dog btw

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

I’ve had exactly the same rubbing on both my D5s. First one i didn’t do anything about as it was being rejected by the time I noticed. Second (current) one was realigned by the dealer.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum