Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DiscoPhil
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (180) HSE Lux Loire Blue

Air Suspension - normal level

Hi all, first time posting. First time owner of a Disco5. Had it just a few days. Apologies if this is a daft question, but we all have to start somewhere. The air suspension. Does it return to the 'normal' level during driving? I've raised it and dropped it but I'm worried I've not figured out the different options and concerned I may damage the suspension driving the car if it isn't quite 'right'. It's second hand and a number of settings/options are set outside of default. As said, this maybe daft but I would like to just check. I've read through the rabbit warren of the online manual and still don't have the answers fully. Thank you for any help. Phil
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Welcome to D5 ownership! If you've got it raised, it'll drop automatically when you go over a certain speed (I think something like 45mph or thereabouts). And ditto, it'll raise when you go above a certain speed too, if you had it lowered. So fine to lower to enter a multi-storey car park and drive around at low speed - but if you suddenly started going too fast for a car park, it would raise up.

And then you've got super extended mode, but there's tricks for getting it into that......... and I've really not mastered them properly to explain!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • DiscoPhil
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (180) HSE Lux Loire Blue

Thanks for the helpful information. Much appreciated indeed.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

On extended, there is an auto response to grounding which lifts the car up. If in this state you keep your foot on the brake and hold up the height selection button for 3 seconds the car rises another few inches.

The trick I like is the button in the rear panel that raises the rear to order.
    I use it to level the caravan…to save winding down the jockey wheel.
    Lift the car rear….drop the jockey wheel……lift up the hitch……lower the car.
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

You can actually lock the suspension in the access position by keeping the `lower' button pressed - you will see a lock symbol on the dashboard - this disables the speed controlled raise function - in case you go too fast in a multi-storey car park - impossible I know, but the functionality is there.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Does that reset to normal after switching off ignition?
    Thinking about an underground carpark I saw in France….the exit was low as well as the entry and I wondered if you needed to redo the lowering manually to leave safely?
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

No, it remains in the locked position until it is manually reset - even moving off and speeding up will not release the lock - at least that has been my experience.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum