Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• B50int
    United Kingdom 

Anything is possible but I doubt an MY19 would be on an 18 plate. Possibly a 68.

The MY used to tick over in early Autumn for new orders, but that’s gone out the window now as a reasonable guide. MY23s are being delivered right now.

Most indisputable way to tell is check the VIN number. The 10th letter tells you MY year.

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/identify-model-year.html

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I wouldn't be too dismissive of the TDV6 engine its the same as the SDV6 except twin turbo and more HP, which equates to more stress on the engine, You could probably find a really well specced TDV6 for the price you say and if there is full dealer service history and extended landrover warranty you could further extend and have peace of mind., if you're really lucky you may find one with the reduced road tax band.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

JBFUK wrote:
    Thanks, useful. So all SDV6's are MY19? I'm sure I've seen 18 plate SDV6's advertised, perhaps they are misdescribed?

Odd on the 360 camera thing. There's no way I'd own a large car without that, can't believe anyone would!
    horses for courses and all that ,ive had a few pick ups with 360 cams and never used them .
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

If I remember correctly the TDV6 HSE had the surround camera as standard. They dropped the surround camera to an option at the same time as the engine changed to SDV6.

So the combination of SD engine and surround camera will be hard to find, took me a while. If you are happy with the lower power TD engine there will be plenty with the surround cams.
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

My TDV6 HSE only had reverse camera. Was fine though TBH. Have 360 cameras now and don’t find them as much use as I expected…,

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I’ve had both and I actually use my mirrors and turning my head instead. A bit retro, but works for me. Rolling Eyes
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

360 camera system was an option on my 2017 HSE- at least in the US. 360 parking aids (the beepers) was standard.

We have a 360 camera system on my wife's XC60 - it's useful for pulling into the garage - replaces a tennis ball on a string with a bit of practice.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I thought i had replied before - if you want a pdf copy of the MY19 brochure including specs, drop me a PM.

As an indication of current values, I've just accepted a trade offer of £60k on my July 2020 HSE Luxury SDV6. Heavily optioned with a list of around £80k at the time. (Driver assist pack/360s, Tech pack/HUD, roof bars, electric deployable side steps, adaptive dynamics, some other minor bits).

Values are dropping, which doesn't necessarily mean that they will continue to do so. I had a trade offer of £62.5k in late March.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

NB. Although it's large, the D5 is the easiest car to park of any i have driven in the last 6 or 7 years. It's just such a doddle to place with a great view and huge mirrors. Much easier than X5/X7 with their much poorer view and tiny side mirrors. Don't overly worry about the 360 cams.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • JBFUK
    United Kingdom 

Thanks, I have noticed prices dropping a little over the past few weeks. There's is an approved example with good spec that I was keeping an eye on which recently dropped from £49,999 to £46,999. I get the feeling dealers have been trying it on a bit, with some success but perhaps took it too far and now having to be a bit more realistic - particularly those not in the South East. I'm not in a hurry so will wait it out for the right spec/condition/price.

Still a bit on the fence due to the engine failure issue. For a known manufacturing flaw like that to not be covered by the approved warranty, having to rely on the hope of 'goodwill', it really doesn't sit right. You'd think this should be covered under sale of goods and 'fit for purpose' really, that and the warranty.
  • JBFUK
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the help guys.

Pleased to say I collected my MY20 HSE-L D5 over the weekend and very happy with it. In the end I had to push my budget to over £60k - but got a considerably newer and lower mileage example than I was originally looking for, with the features I wanted and in excellent condition. To me it was worth spending a bit more for this as I'll be planning to keep the car for 5+ years.

Generally the examples I'd seen in my original budget range, even in the £50k's were lacking in features and very tatty by my standards.
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

Had the exact same car as you (X5 40D F15)

And I’ve done exactly this.

Picked up my 2018 HSE LUX about a month ago. All was great until driving home and the car refused to start.

Long story short, faulty telematics control unit. Car was immobilised for 3 weeks until they could order and install the part.

I was devastated at the time as the trusty bimmer didn’t really let me down at all (apart from faulty tyre pressure sensor and Knox sensor). I was certainly never stranded.

However in the 10/11 days of driving ownership, it’s been great. Still learning lots about the car and options. Space is great too with 3 kids in tow.

Like you probably read many horror stories, I’ve gone for the TDV6. Seems the SD4 is problematic too but is covered under JLR warranty. Will have nightmares about the cranks, but will just have to see how it goes.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum