Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• eelpout
    United States 

gavsta wrote:
    Turns out, my MY23.5 is missing the gesture tailgate. Having been told the build was complete, with nothing missing, I was waving my foot like a loon, in order to load a box of wine.

A call back to the dealer revealed that 'complete' wasn't quite accurate. The surprises of LR ownership!
    I remember when I ordered my MY22, could have sworn Park Assist was on the list. Then LR went and dropped it for the entire model year apparently. Still not sure it's back on the table for the Disco, even though it's on other models. Neutral

Talked to my dealer the other day and he said if I wanted to get a vehicle with PHEV, which at the moment is either a Full-Fat or Sport Range Rover, to put in my order now for 12 month delivery time frame. Laughing
  • gavsta

rkonstantinov wrote:
    rkonstantinov wrote:
    Indeed, I suspect the same. The reason I asked is that my metropolitan also seems to be missing the gesture tailgate, or at least I’m not able to make it work. So, wondering if this is common and if there is some “official” information.

So, to answer my own question. Indeed, my Metropolitan left the factory without the gesture tailgate module, and there is a campaign to add it by the dealer when available:

My MY23.5 Metropolitan was in at the local dealer having mudflaps fitted, and I enquired about the gesture tailgate feature, which is missing. They told me something completely different to the supplying dealer, who advised that in due course, Land Rover will contact me to have it retrofitted.

The local dealer showed me that on 08/06/2022 all dealers were notified that the gesture tailgate feature was removed from all Discovery models, whether standard fitment or as an optional extra. They had advised customers accordingly, and were surprised 1) that I had not been informed by the supplying dealer, and 2) that I had been told the feature would be retrofitted.

I'm interested to know what advice you have been given. Has anyone been contacted to have gesture tailgate retrofitted?
  • rkonstantinov
    Bulgaria 

I've been to dealer last week to get some accessories and meanwhile I've asked if there is any news around the tailgate module, as they have already opened an order for the parts to get them when available. So, long story short, they told me that they had to close the order, but will contact me when (sometime in the future) the module is available to be retrofitted.

Regarding the removal, I've also heard that it is not available for new orders. However, as the above screenshot is from topix for my specific vehicle, I believe that it is covered by the campaign and the module will be added at some point. Personally, I don't miss the gesture tailgate that much, so I can wait a bit.

The service action:

Quote:

DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE
    A potential concem has been identtied on specinic venicles within the above venice range.
    Due to a global shortage of microchips, vehicles are being shipped without the Hands-free Tailgate feature. A further service communication will be issued for all affected vehicles. to provide a Hands-free Tailgate module when parts become available.
    ACTION TO BE TAKEN
    When handing over the vehicle, please inform the customer that the Hands-free Tailgate feature is currently unavailable due to the global shortage of microchios. A further service communication will be issued for all affected vehicles. to provide a hands-free tailgate
    module when pans occome avalage. ung such a ume. to vonice can oc reloased tr this campsion accon outsancing.
    Check the JLR Warranty Portal to make sure affected vehicles are correctly identified prior to starting this campaign. The Warranty Portal will be updated to reflect only those vehicles affected.
    Yours faithfully
    Simon Bares
    Global Customer Service Quality Director

Also, did you check your VIN in the Topix to see if the action comes up for your vehicle? (you could do this from the public/free profile, just need to register an account)
  • gavsta

Coincidentally, I tried TOPIx yesterday, and upon entering my VIN, get this:

This service is not available in your market

Sad
  • rkonstantinov
    Bulgaria 

I guess, you've tried the box on the home page, right? If so, you should try registering, then login as a "Independent operator". Once you are logged in you should enter the VIN again, now you will have options to buy documents, etc. as well as, you should also have a box which will lists the outstanding campaigns for the selected vehicle.
  • gavsta

That did the trick. Thank you.

No gesture tailgate campaign listed again mine, just the USB-C shortage. Rkonstantinov, I assume yours must be a MY23!

This begs the question. Why has the supplying dealer said the gesture tailgate will be retrofitted?
  • rkonstantinov
    Bulgaria 

I'm sorry to hear that Sad Indeed, mine is MY23. Delivered just right after they switched to MY23.5 spec.
  • RAW
    England 

Visited my Dealer yesterday and it looks like my build date has moved back to 12th January 2023 , no explanation why🤷🏻.
    Only change they have had to make is still no surround sound .

My current Disco was on 110,000 miles when i ordered its replacement and I'm now on 144,000 miles.
  • AAWM
    United Kingdom 

The build date for mine is still showing 17th January as of 11th Dec. No spec change after 13th December. Still no spare wheel and no surround sound apparently. Speaking to someone yesterday who is driving a 22 plate Disco. He ordered his in January this year and delivered 5 months later. Don't know how managed it. Ordered mine in October last year.!
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Did you order with Parks, Inverness? Since they took over MacRae and Dicks about 5 or 6 years ago, I don’t find they particularly enthusiastic about customer service.

Mind you all the personnel have left from the DP downwards apart from the Service Manager, I wouldn’t deal with them tbh.
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Cant be any worse than Taggart’s Glasgow- 3 months passed now with no communication! 17 months wait continues..
  • AAWM
    United Kingdom 

Yes, I have ordered from Park's. Jordan in sales does keep me updated at least once a month. I have found the Service Dept to be OK and David, (Service Manager) has always been very helpful.
  • AAWM
    United Kingdom 

Just found out this morning my order has been moved out to May and no reason given. That is now twice it has been put back and still no guarantee that it will be built in May. Seriously considering changing to Volvo or Audi.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Not surprised. I did warn you. Did you ask May, but what year? Needless to say it won’t happen. I won’t go back to LR after my D5 expires.
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

AAWM wrote:
    Just found out this morning my order has been moved out to May and no reason given. That is now twice it has been put back and still no guarantee that it will be built in May. Seriously considering changing to Volvo or Audi.

What did you order? And when was order placed?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum