Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• adds58
    United Kingdom 

Car not starting

Went to the car today and it wouldn’t keyless unlock so had to unlock with the key fob buttons.

It then wouldn’t start saying place key fob under steering column. I did this but it still wouldn’t start (all displays showing and no sign of a flat battery).

Kept trying and then it eventually started and assumed it was just a gremlin and everything would reset now. However then got txt and call from in control saying it was showing as being potentially stolen.

Stopped the car and left it for about 10mins and then went back and same sequence of events.

Got it home and left it several hours o see if it resets and then tried again with same result, tried the other keys and it does the same.

Have called LR assist but earliest AA can come is tomorrow and LR technician is Sunday. Will try the AA first.

Anymore had this issue before?

Edit: should add I have a MY22 D300
  • asmair
    United Kingdom 

Quite often a sign of the battery in the key fob needing replacement. Replace the spare key battery at the same time.
  • adds58
    United Kingdom 

So LR technician was able to come out this morning and said that keys had got out of sync with car. Did some sort of reset at the battery and then all good. Seemed to know what it was straight away so suspect it’s not uncommon.

Relieved that it’s not some part that has failed and we would be waiting ages for a replacement!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum