Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Lucy2
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Alarm goes off when locking

Any ideas on this folks, when I lock the car with the fob one press the alarm goes off 5 seconds later, if I double press fob there's two beeps then alarm goes off right away. Checking last alarm in dash it says rear n/s door not locked, but it is locked. I locked the car manually with key everything locked fine but there's no alarm on.
    Do the door lock catches have alarm sensors in them? Thanks in advance. Rolling Eyes

Discovery Sport 2.0 ltr HSE Lux black 2016 gone. New to me 2018 Discovery5, 2.0 ltr HSE SD4 Black 22"
  • Lucy2
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Answer this one myself folks, just ordered a new lock mechanism fitted it myself, took around 3 hrs bit of a fiddle getting it out & back into place, didn't help being - 3 degree's fingers don't work as well. So it was the module inside the lock not sending message to alarm that door was locked. All working fine hope this helps someone else. 😉

Discovery Sport 2.0 ltr HSE Lux black 2016 gone. New to me 2018 Discovery5, 2.0 ltr HSE SD4 Black 22"
  • Craigp
    England 

Thanks for getting back with the fix. Much appreciated. Thumbs Up
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum