Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• lucero
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Loire Blue

Ordered Metropolitan in Sept 22....

Order still not "accepted". Guessing it's going to be later this year.

Dealer told us about delay issues with Meridian sound system when we ordered.

My view, JLR ditch them for B&O or Bose, as currently Meridian are causing JLR a 200k vehicle back log!!!
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Same problem with those alternatives when you look at Porsche site, etc.

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • lucero
    United Kingdom 

For sure, I'm not overly bothered about the wait, but seeing conversations of changes to orders for lack of items is disturbing. I placed the order in Sept 22 and was able to spec:

HUD
    Interactive Display
    Gesture Tailgate

Fortunately the dealer did say they would swap that god awful silver grill on the Metropolitan for the narvik black one Very Happy
  • RAW
    England 

HUD was still ok on mine as was the interactive display but i was told last week that gesture tailgate, interactive display and surround sound is not available to any that have not gone to build at he moment and some that have a build slot have been told if they want the interactive dash they will go back into the holding pool until available again.
    According to the build data mine has everything i wanted except surround sound so will be happy if it arrives with it all. Until it lands at the dealers i dont think you can be sure.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Pardon my language, but it's an absolute freakin' joke. When I placed my order in March last year, I 'upgraded' to the Metropolitan model over a standard HSE as I wanted to ensure the interactive display, and was told that was the only way to do so. I LOVE the display in my 2018 HSE, and don't want to downgrade from that. Seriously, who wants to spend this money and take a backwards step in terms of tech? Not me.

It's Censored poor from Land Rover. The lack of any kind of proactive communication or customer update from them is too.

And this marketing email from my dealer yesterday just wound me up too much.

I'm teetering on the edge of cancelling and ordering an X5 hybrid. Local dealer has their new demo arriving in March and I've got it booked for a 24hr test drive. If I like it, and if Harwoods hasn't moved me out of the holding pool by then, it'll be bye-bye LR.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Quite right, LR are a f****** useless company. They are going to loose their database of loyal customers pretty quick.

There is life after LR. Still like the Volvo T8.

Anyway, I left the LR in the driveway yesterday and took the motorcycle out for a quick run. Apart from it being a bit cold, it was tres good. I am now playing about looking for personalised Reg plates for it. I did see one with 666 on it, which was tempting providence, perhaps!
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

… I did see one with 666…”

Why not…..it looks a bit of a beast Laughing
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

True! But SWMBO has told me I can’t have that one! She thinks it’s tempting providence. I also see 999 is available too, the same could be said for that.

I could sneak a cherished plate of some sort or another on it and she probably wouldn’t notice tbh.😂
  • lucero
    United Kingdom 

Yep, it's all a bit suss. Zero word from JLR since I ordered, and although I have asked twice, I'm not going to ask again. Current D5 can keep us rolling. it comes when it comes. Anything they try and say isn't available will be refunded (if it was a costed option), and I'll just retrofit. Interestingly, you can buy the interactive display unit off the shelf, so quite why there's an issue is a little beyond me.
  • RAW
    England 

Mine arrived at dealers 2 weeks ago and everything was as ordered except for the surround sound so they have refunded the cost of that option from the final bill. Now looking forward to 1st march
  • lucero
    United Kingdom 

When did you order Raw?
  • RAW
    England 

I originally tried in Nov 21 but they wouldn’t take the order as I wanted interactive dash, in feb22 I placed a order with the analogue dash with the hope of changing it to interactive when they became available again. This we managed to do in June and it got its first build slot for August but then it just kept getting put back until eventually it went into build in January and arrived at dealers first week of February
  • Metro
    United Kingdom 

Can anyone beat my wait time? Ordered a Metropolitan in October 21 - 3 build dates later and still no guarantee that it will be built on March 10th. Sick of the wait.
  • WmDisco
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 SE Silicon Silver

Ordered mine June 21. 2.5 SE - now changed to 3.0 SE. Latest build hoped for March!
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

>Ordered mine June 21. 2.5 SE - now changed to 3.0 SE. Latest build hoped for March!

WTAF! I'm gob smacked!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum