Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jph572
    United Kingdom 

Remote climate issue

Hi

I own a 2L Disco 5 and we have noticed this winter that when starting the car remotely and setting the temp to "HI"... the car after 15 mins is still blowing out cold air.

This always worked in the past...

So initially I thought "maybe the car hasn't warmed up enough yet".. so I tested it.

I arrived home when the heating was working fine, i.e. hot air blowing from vents. Locked the car, and after 5 mins, restarted the car via the Remote App. Left it for another 5 mins, and entered the car... without touching anything, the vents were blowing out cold air... as soon as I touched the brake pedal, all the lights in the controls come on... and within 10 seconds, hot air coming out the vents.

I have asked my local LR dealer if this is a known issue and can it be fixed (I'm assuming software??), but they have said they've not heard of it before, and they want to charge me £210 per hour whilst they investigate it??

Has anyone on here had the same issue and if so, how did it get fixed?

Thank you.
    Jason
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

What happens if you set it to 28 degrees?

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • jph572
    United Kingdom 

Hi jimbg

Thanks for that. I did test this last night when the engine was already warm and yes that worked!

I’ll test it again from a cold engine and see if it blows any warm air.

Curious.. had you seen this issue before? I’m just surprised JLR don’t know this stuff? (or maybe I’m not surprised!)

Thanks
    Jason
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Just a guess as I know it works with selecting a "normal" temperature, probably a bug in the app software or cars software.

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum