Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Labbix really happy with the ones I put on. Still stuck on solid after a year.

The LR ones in the FE were already peeling off the day we collected it, which I pointed out. Was told covered by 3 year warranty. They had almost fallen off within the month. Another member on here had issues with his D4 ones peeling away. Garage took them off and buckled the metal backing, so the kink never sat flat, leading to water penetration and falling off again, not to mention looked unsightly. Same garage as fitted mine ones incidentally.

I hope doors not damaged too badly.
    Will the scratches not polish out?

So how do you fix it, if ceramic coating gets scratched?

Will it also polish out?

I was told that you have to sand area down before reapplying the coating, so not an easy fix imo, unless you know otherwise. Smile

Unless that is that you just reapply the ceramic coating over the surface scratches after washing the car and it fills in the imperfections?

Be interested to find out, as both our cars are coated with G Techniq, just incase I end up in your unfortunate situation.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

Hi RR,

The scratches are really super small and barely visible, so a ‘normal’ person wouldn’t even care I think, and as my car is going in a week or max a months time from now I’m not too bothered with it either.

Anyhow the guys at ceramic pro fix it for free if I would ask (have been there multiple times with the different cars and they did the darkening for the front windows as well) and after a year they take it in anyway for free to polish it and reapply a layer if needed. I skipped the years check as the car is going, but might do now.

So no worries, but still I prefer prevent above fix, so was wondering about the quality of the side moldings. Furthermore I was wondering what would bother me more, some small scratches in the ceramic coating which can be fixed or some scratches in the (not fixable) moldings...

As the JLR original ones are not the best apparently and you have different ones, where did you order them, and do you really think they do the job?

Cheers and thx!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I would say alot better than LR ones, and does what it says on the tin. Thankfully look as good as the day I put them on with no damage so far fingers crossed. The gloss black is an exact match, plus were put on before the coating was applied. Were less than £100 or quarter of the price if I remember correctly.

I would say really hard to damage as they are virtually solid plastic, at a fraction of the price. Plus I rather the moulding gets damaged than a door ding in the car park.

Easy take off the strip and put a new one one than potentially having a damaged door with the paint flaking off. The strip seems to be dipped in black dye so no risk of it flaking away. Like the black colour was mixed in and cured in when making it, as back is just white plastic, if that makes sense.

Yes I need to book in car for its yearly ceramic inspection too as was initially applied in June last year.

Will pm you later where I purchased them from. Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Pm sent Thumbs Up

• Labbix

Replied Wink
  • Whippetman
    England 

I’d be interested in that information please Very Happy

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Labbix

Pm sent
  • Whippetman
    England 

Thanks Very Happy

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE