Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Chalkey wrote:
    I had door moulding fitted and I’m pleased with the look. I haven’t painted them I thought if the painted moulding got banged the paint might crack and peel off.

have u got more pics of these? cos they seemed installed on the actual lip that protrudes..? in the instructions it goes just under the ridge on the door so that it hits that instead of the door.

http://accessories-instructions.landrover....y/G2017001

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Hi the Landrover dealer fitted them, I will take some more photos later and post them Thumbs Up

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Chalkey
    England 

Hi again after looking at your link it looks like they have fitted them to high. I will double check and if there's a chance of my car being dinged they will have to refit them. I will keep you posted thanks for letting me know.

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Chalkey
    England 

achichon wrote:
    Chalkey wrote:
    I had door moulding fitted and I’m pleased with the look. I haven’t painted them I thought if the painted moulding got banged the paint might crack and peel off.

have u got more pics of these? cos they seemed installed on the actual lip that protrudes..? in the instructions it goes just under the ridge on the door so that it hits that instead of the door.

Thank you for your good observation, yes they are fitted incorrectly. What I will do when an park in a car park next to a car I will double check if the car next to me can ding my door. If yes they will have to fit new one's.

Here's some photos

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

achichon wrote:
    ok so i took the car in today to have them installed (black ones) and thank f*** i know them and i msg'd one of the mechanics asking him to send me pics of how they r doing... and glad i did cos guess what they had installed them in the wrong place! basically the guy confused the instructions with the D4 and installed them half way up the bloody door! needless to say that they got removed and a new set have been ordered but now i have to wait another week or so Sad

Not good. I gather the garage is paying for the replacements?

Am sure that you can easily get some 3M tape and refit them, unless they have been cracked when taking them off as they are solid.

Unlike the genuine LR ones which will bend and kink if refitted.

Must have been a struggle too get them off as the tape is very sticky.

If its any consolation got the replacement windscreen fitted, only to notice that its the wrong one Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 24th Aug 2018 9:24 am. Edited 2 times in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Chalkey
    England 

Photos

It's not very good, the dealer not fitting them properly Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Chalkey on 23rd Aug 2018 4:09 pm. Edited 1 time in total

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

sorry i didn't mean to be a dick just pointing it out but i wasn't too sure from your pic and it obviously got me a little confused as to where they should be installed. that said by looking at ur pics it seems like they will do the job anyways as the moulding protrudes over the ridge where other doors usually hit. knowing me though if the instructions say they should go under the ridge then that's where i would put them just cos that's where they are supposed to go lol

Chalkey wrote:
    achichon wrote:
    Chalkey wrote:

Thank you for your good observation, yes they are fitted incorrectly. What I will do when an park in a car park next to a car I will double check if the car next to me can ding my door. If yes they will have to fit new one's.

Here's some photos

• achichon
    Gibraltar 

yeah they are getting the replacements, they don't usually stock them, they did manage to take them off don't know if they are going to re-use them with 3M tape or not (tbh they could cos i saw them and they are perfectly fine just the 3M tape obviously)

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    achichon wrote:
    ok so i took the car in today to have them installed (black ones) and thank f*** i know them and i msg'd one of the mechanics asking him to send me pics of how they r doing... and glad i did cos guess what they had installed them in the wrong place! basically the guy confused the instructions with the D4 and installed them half way up the bloody door! needless to say that they got removed and a new set have been ordered but now i have to wait another week or so Sad

Not good. I gather the garage is paying for the replacements?

Am sure that you can easily get some 3M tape and refit them, unless they have been cracked when taking them off as they are solid.

Unlike the genuine LR ones which will bend and kink if refitted.

Must have been a struggle too get them off as the tape is very sticky.

If its any consolation got the replacement windscreen fitted, only to notice that its the wrong one Crying or Very sad

• Chalkey
    England 

Hi Achichon

No thanks for pointing it out to me, I telephoned the dealer and sent photos plus the link to Landrover for the correct fitting instructions. Thinking about it am going to persue the matter next week with the dealer and get them to refit them or put new ones on. If I don't and my door gets dinged I will think it's because there not fitted correctly. Once again thank you, I will let you know what happens Thumbs Up

• graemesmith1960
    Scotland 

I'm going to fit my own when I get the car on Saturday. This is my 7th Disco and I've only let the dealer fit them to one car and that was a disaster. Always done it myself since then. You wouldn't think it was too difficult to get them straight and the right way up given that they come with pretty specific instructions!

2019 Sd6 HSE Corris Grey
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

Smile u r most welcome.

Chalkey wrote:
    Hi Achichon

No thanks for pointing it out to me, I telephoned the dealer and sent photos plus the link to Landrover for the correct fitting instructions. Thinking about it am going to persue the matter next week with the dealer and get them to refit them or put new ones on. If I don't and my door gets dinged I will think it's because there not fitted correctly. Once again thank you, I will let you know what happens Thumbs Up

@graemesmith1960 i thought about installing them myself as i'm sure it's not that difficult but it's just finding the time and place to do it properly and also if they get installed incorrectly or sideways etc i can always blame the dealer and them them do it right again. Laughing

• achichon
    Gibraltar 

got them installed.. i like how it looks tbh. Pretty conspicuous if u ask me & fit right in with the cars lines..

Click image to enlarge

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Looks the biz Cool Thumbs Up

• Labbix

So today someone smashed his/her door into my door, only some minor scratches at the exact place where the side moldings would be, so I wondered if the people that have these moldings fitted are really pleased with it or not?

Am thinking to add it to my next D5 or not, car will have the ceramic protection anyway so these small scratches are actually not in the paint, but in the ceramic layer and can be easily fixed.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum