Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

Apps

This is the Android InControl App.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details...p;hl=en_GB

This is the Android IGuide App for the Disco 5.

This is the Android Route App.

Can someone that uses ap app apple ( Crying or Very sad I said it Confused ) please post the suitable links Thumbs Up

Last edited by AndrewS on 11th Apr 2017 10:44 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • PeterW
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

For IPhone

Land Rover InControl Remote by Land Rover
    https://appsto.re/gb/6UQJQ.i

IGUIDE manual

Land Rover iGuide by Land Rover
    https://appsto.re/gb/AqCIgb.i

Route planer

Land Rover InControl Route Planner by Land Rover
    https://appsto.re/gb/Wm97_.i

Landrover InContol Apps

Land Rover InControl Apps by Land Rover
    https://appsto.re/gb/Gh39X.i

Last edited by PeterW on 11th Apr 2017 11:04 am. Edited 2 times in total

Peter
    HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Corris Grey
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Remember there are 3 apps:- Remote, Apps and Route.
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

Sorted Thumbs Up note the ap app apple response is a lot slower then the Android Whistle Rolling with laughter
  • PeterW
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Also sorted for Apple, a bit slower but I'm driving..... this Steering assist & Adaptive cruise control is impressive. Rolling with laughter

Peter
    HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Corris Grey
  • J77
    Scotland 

I've got the remote and iGuide but the rest are above my pay grade Laughing

All on 🍏

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Jacko
    Australia 

I couldn't download iGuide for my Samsung G5. Says app not supported or similar
  • Bushwanderer
    Australia 

Isn't Samsung an Android-based phone, therefore iGuide unsuitable.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

The Android version is listed in the first post.

It works fine on my Sony Xperia Z
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Hi all,

I've just been on the IOS App Store to look at the relevant apps for my HSE Lux expected in Jan, and was surprised to find all of them with less than 3 stars.

Are they all that bad?
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

Well, i'm not sure why it's rated 3 stars, but i'm not really surprised.
    I have not rated them but maybe i should.

APPSapp

The app named "APPS" has ios apps inside the app, that you can then use onscreen in the D5.
    Including paid Navigation apps... why would i pay extra for a sat nav app when i have a sat nav in the car, ios maps and google maps in the phone.
    Would be great to be able to use google maps onscreen as the LR sat nav is not up to par in terms of 2017 technology. More on that in the next LR app.
    Apps available in APPS for Canada are:
    Sygic
    Stitcher
    cityseeker
    eventseeker
    mileage tracker pro
    Newsbeat
    Rivet Radio
    Glympse
    Tile
    Accuweather
    Fmilonet
    Memo
    myTuner
    Genius Maps
    Spotify
    Parkopedia
    Audials
    Audiobooks

None of those are of any use to me. Maybe Spotify if i want to pay to listen to music i probably already own. But i have not even used my free Spotify trial i got with my mobile plan, so...

Route Planner app

On paper it's a great app. In reality it is completely useless.
    To be able to enter my destination into the app whilst i'm not at the wheel (sat at home, sat in a restaurant, etc).
    Then when i enter my D5 it recognizes this and asks me if i want to set it as a new destination.
    Saves from going through the pain of entering your country, province, city, street and number from scratch every single time you enter a new destination. Really !?! i have to enter the country EVERY time i want to use the satnav. And when i start by C...A... before i can enter the N it suggests California !?!? as far as i know it's not a country.
    Ok, rant on InControl satnav over Evil or Very Mad

Unfortunately Route Planner does not work as intended. It worked once and never again. No matter what i try it never recognizes i have set a new destination once i enter the D5.

It also thinks my D5 is parked on the motorway...it never moves where it thinks the D5 is. It's been saying it's on a specific part of the motorway for well over 2 weeks now. So when i tell Route Planner where i want to go it tell me i have to walk to my D5 first, with directions on how to get there... Rolling with laughter
    So even though i can see my D5 outisde the window as i write this, the app tells me i need to walk 11 km to the D5 and then drive it home.
    No matter what i do it just won't see the D5 is right next to me. Although the Remote app sees where the D5 really is. Two separate apps but both on the same LR system i would assume.

It first kept on telling me to walk to the dealership to pick up my D5 and then drive it.

Remote app

it has some positive features such as seeing every Journey you've made and gives access to start and end times and addresses. Duration, avg.speed, Distance, Efficiency and a map view of the journey. Which you can then send by email. Good for business trip logs.

It also has quick links to call LR Assistance in the event of vehicle breakdown. Quick link call to Stolen vehicle Centre.
    VIN and plate number.

Seat positions i tried a couple of times but could not get the app to see the seat positions so could not use it.

Remote Climate has worked a handful of times and i've tried it every single day since i got it a month ago. Usually says something about network delay.

The main page shows a map of where the D5 is. Gives access to lock and unlock the doors. Tells you if the windows, sunroof, doors, boot or bonnet are open.
    Shows you how much gas is left, the range and odometer.
    You can also Beep and Flash the D5 if you've lost it in a car park.
    It will often take some time to update the status of the D5 to it's present situation.

All in all, i use the Remote app but will soon give it up if it continues to not work as meant to.
    As i've given up on the Route Planner and APPS apps. It will soon be 3 for 3 in the garbage column.

2017 HSE Luxury TD6 Dynamic Pack in Firenze Red, Ebony with Pimento Stitch.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Must be a slow afternoon at the office Forlorn Rolling with laughter

I do use Route planer, it is not always consistent but its much better then nav on my LR/ which didn't even have my street on it. Probably not as good as Google maps.

The remote is useful for looking up when I arrive at and leave work. will have to see if its of use in the winter for warming the car up.

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 

Quote:
    Must be a slow afternoon at the office Forlorn Rolling with laughter

Thumbs Up Laughing

When i read the post before mine i felt a surge of complaints take over and started typing...looked like i was working hard and into something important so didn't get bothered by anyone. Rolling with laughter

• Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Interesting feedback so perhaps they are that bad.

I suppose I'll have to download and try them when my D5 is delivered, the handover guy will hopefully set it all up for me and thus check they all work.
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 

The delivery kid who showed me my D5 went through the apps very quickly and i never thought about taking more time with them.
    Plus, the kid didn't know the funnel in the glove box is for filling diesel up with a canister. He said it was for the AdBlue.
    And when i asked about the cruise control for off road, slow speeds. He had a blank look and shrugged, saying he had no idea what i was talking about.
    I had forgotten the ATPC term, but my explanation should have rung a bell to someone who should know the ins and outs of every JLR model as he's the one showing the customer how everything works.

From what i've experienced at the dealer, WE, the people interested in this vehicle, know more than they do.
    Heck, the sales director for the dealership does not even know that JLR have their own engine factory fabricating the Ingenium engine. When i told him he also had a blank stare.

All this to say, make a list of everything you think about wanting to verify upon delivery.
    I had mental notes but there is so much going on at delivery that i forgot a few things and it took forever to get replies from the sales director. Finally got an answer yesterday for something i brought up the day after delivery.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum